"MAASSLUIS--OUR HOME AWAY FROM HOME" Maassluis by LoriPori

Maassluis Travel Guide: 9 reviews and 27 photos

MAASSLUIS --A SPECIAL PLACE

Maassluis is our home away from home as it is the home town of Hans' sister Nel and her husband Jean. Whenever we go to Holland, we always stay with them as we all get along so well. Also I love Maassluis. I often go for walks by myself to the centrum, which is only five minutes from Nel's house and the harbour is also very close by. I love window shopping and stopping by the cheese store, or the bakery or the BLOKKER(department store). I often buy my hobbybooks there to make my many scrapbooks of our travels. So come along with me and maybe you will fall in love with Maassluis too.

• Last visit to Maassluis: Oct 2003
  • Intro Updated Jul 4, 2008

• evaanna's Profile Photo
    Dec 29, 2009 at 7:38 AM

Maasslouis looks charming with its canals, quaint houses, interesting shops and a real windmill! Lucky you to be able to visit it whenever you like.

• jumpingnorman's Profile Photo
    Sep 23, 2009 at 9:39 AM

Very nice little town with cute houses and wonderful canals....adds charm to the place! Norman :)

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Sep 12, 2009 at 4:25 AM

I hadn't heard of this town. After having the virtual tour, I think that its quite pretty.

• Kuznetsov_Sergey's Profile Photo
    Sep 5, 2008 at 10:31 AM

Great virtual trip to your home away from home! Thanks Lori for sharing!

• traveldave's Profile Photo
    Jan 13, 2008 at 1:22 AM

Your sister-in-law sure lives in a picturesque little town. It's great that you're able to stay there when you go to the Netherlands.

• Diana75's Profile Photo
    Dec 28, 2006 at 7:44 AM

Little towns like Maassluis are my favorite in Netherlands. Charming places!

• JLBG's Profile Photo
    Sep 30, 2006 at 10:50 PM

It is always a great pleasure to walk around a place that has nothing special but "just" pleasant and beautiful! No tourists!

• kyoub's Profile Photo
    Mar 28, 2006 at 6:58 AM

A lovely place to call home. Beautiful architecture. Great photos.

• easyoar's Profile Photo
    Apr 11, 2005 at 2:27 PM

Very beautiful town and another one of those Dutch places that is hard to pronounce!

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Apr 1, 2005 at 10:40 AM

I am not surprised you lobe Maassluis. Indeed, very charming place.

LoriPori

“Travel Near - Travel Far - The Limit is the Sky”

Badges & Stats in Maassluis

Have you been to Maassluis?

Latest Activity in Maassluis