"THREE FRONTIERS - HOLLAND -BELGIUM - GERMANY" Top 5 Page for this destination Vaals by LoriPori

Vaals Travel Guide: 39 reviews and 97 photos

Monday, August 1, 2005
After leaving from Lanaken and Johan's house, we made our way to VAALS where the DRIE LANDEN PUNT is located. Johan had mentioned it to me, so of course I had to see it for myself.

• Last visit to Vaals: Aug 2005
  • Intro Updated Aug 24, 2005

• evaanna's Profile Photo
    Dec 29, 2009 at 7:44 AM

Great place for those who count how many countries they have been to. But the area looks nice too, being the highest mountain in the Netherlands.

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    May 16, 2009 at 1:52 AM

Hi Lori, thanks for your visit to my Mainz page. I've been to this Three Countries Corner, too, but I came up on a rented bicycle from the German side, so I put it on my Aachen page. (That's the town that is called Aken in Dutch.)

• Kuznetsov_Sergey's Profile Photo
    Nov 11, 2008 at 11:46 AM

Now I know where three countries meet! Thanks Lori for sharing!

• traveldave's Profile Photo
    Jan 13, 2008 at 1:19 AM

Standing in three countries at the same time would be awesome. Reminds me of Derby Line, Vermont, where it's possible to stand with one foot in Canada and the other in the US.

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Sep 4, 2007 at 1:24 PM

Lovely little page about this interesting place. Three countries point and at the same time the highest mountian of teh Netherlands. Woooowwww .... :-)

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Sep 22, 2006 at 9:32 AM

I've been to a few similar places in Europe - some are even not marked, not to say about any celebrations (like Poland-Czech-Slovakia point), some are tourists traps (Four Corners in the USA).

• JLBG's Profile Photo
    Sep 1, 2006 at 9:47 PM

Very interesting! Clever to attract visitors! There are about two dozen such points in Europe but it does not seem that they are celebrated the same way! Italy, Austria and Slovenia had run for Winter Olympics around such a point but did not got it!

• kyoub's Profile Photo
    Mar 28, 2006 at 6:13 AM

Very interesting,Lori Great pictures!

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Nov 28, 2005 at 5:01 PM

A marvel, indeed. Thanks for sharing this unknown [to me] information.

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Sep 13, 2005 at 8:12 AM

It is fun to take advantage of weird geopgraphical things like this! I ran into the same thing with Brazil, Argentina and Paraguay - the problem was that the exact meeting point was out in the middle of two rivers that met!!

“Travel Near - Travel Far - The Limit is the Sky”

Badges & Stats in Vaals