"FIRST PORT OF CALL - ISLAND OF KEA" Top 5 Page for this destination Kea Island by LoriPori

Kea Island Travel Guide: 44 reviews and 182 photos

OK IN KEA

Sunday May27 and Monday May 28, 2007
The picturesque ISLAND OF KEA or Tzia lies in the Cyclades close to the south-east coast of Attica and 42 nautical miles from the Piraeus. Its main port, where we docked Sunday and Monday is Korissia. Korissia has a long sandy beach, a chapel, a Church, a supermarket, several restaurants, cafe's, bars and shops. Monday most of us took a taxi up the road to Otzias which is 5 km northwest of Korissia. Otzias is in the northern part of Kea and is ideal for walks. Make sure to see the sculpted lions - circa 600 B.C. just on the outskirts of the town, just past the cemetery.
Korissia is also a port of call for the FERRY boats.

• Last visit to Kea Island: May 2007
  • Intro Updated Jul 3, 2007

• Yaqui's Profile Photo
    Feb 19, 2011 at 7:27 PM

The Ancient Lion of Kea Island is fantastic. What a excellent find. Of course the lovely charming Kea Island is neat, but that sculpture is special. Excellent page!

• starship's Profile Photo
    Oct 8, 2009 at 11:26 AM

When I first read this page, I had yet to visit Greek Island. I finally got to Santorini, but your Kea Island page certainly makes me want to visit this island as well. Great photos!

• jumpingnorman's Profile Photo
    Feb 25, 2009 at 9:21 PM

Look at that, an ancient lion just sitting on the side of the road! Too many treasures, but they have to preserve this so it doesn't erode... Norman:)

• traveldave's Profile Photo
    Apr 18, 2008 at 7:42 AM

An interesting island. I particularly liked the stone lion.

• omidamini's Profile Photo
    Jan 7, 2008 at 12:28 AM

Short but very nice , thanks

• toonsarah's Profile Photo
    Oct 18, 2007 at 12:51 PM

Great Greek atmosphere created by your tips and photos Lori. I loved the pretty buildings and the water of the harbour sparkling in the sun!

• Salsa_Girl's Profile Photo
    Oct 13, 2007 at 9:39 AM

Great memories¡¡ But if we are back we need a bigger boat ;-)I love your photos.

• nickandchris's Profile Photo
    Sep 5, 2007 at 4:06 AM

Some lovely architecture. Doesn't look too warm during you visit.

• Kuznetsov_Sergey's Profile Photo
    Aug 6, 2007 at 1:11 PM

Yes, I believe you have really been in good mood FRAPPE'S OOH LA LA! I wish I would be there... Great page!

• anpe's Profile Photo
    Jul 18, 2007 at 4:45 AM

Another MAGIC page!!!like very much your pics!!!and you aren't the only one dreamer.......its true....we are with you!! smiles anna

LoriPori

“Travel Near - Travel Far - The Limit is the Sky”

Badges & Stats in Kea Island

Have you been to Kea Island?

Latest Activity in Kea Island