"LORIPORI' S PENNSYLVANIA" Pennsylvania by LoriPori
Pennsylvania Travel Guide: 6,501 reviews and 15,289 photos
The roads through PENNSYLVANIA pass wooded forests, picturesque covered bridges and towns full of antique stores. They lead to sandy beaches along the shores of Lake Erie and past the rolling hills of historic places like Gettysburg. They wind through Amish counties and the main streets of bustling cities.
This time around, Hans and I saw just a portion of this wonderful state. We came in through West Virginia on the Interstate 70. We stayed overnight in historic Washington Pennsylvania. We arrived there early enough to check out a few places in this old city. So this page is mostly dedicated to what we saw there and perhaps some day we will have the pleasure of seeing more of what Pennsylvania has to offer.
The city of WASHINGTON PA is located in Washington County at the crossroads of Interstate 70 and 79 and Route 19. Rich in history and culture. the area of present day Washington was settled by immigrants from Scotland and the north of Ireland along with settlers from eastern and central parts of Colonial Virginia. It was first settled by colonists around 1768.
Washington county was formed March 28, 1781 and named for General George Washinton. It became a city in 1924.
June 15 & 16, 1994
Motorhome trip with Karel, Leida and Gunter
Stayed at the GETTYSBURG KOA Campground
Featuring country style dinners, BOB EVANS offers breakfast, lunch & dinner for singles, families and seniors -- all... more travel advice
I don't care what anyone says about DENNY'S because Hans and I love these restaurants. As we are "Seniors" we can... more travel advice
Written Sep 21, 2006
LORIPORI' S VIEWS OF WASHINGTON PA
Written Sep 22, 2006
MORE VIEWS OF WASHINGTON
LoriPori's Related Pages
Pennsylvania Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "PENNSYLVANIA - HISTORY AMONGST RURAL SPLENDOUR"
- "Our Favorite Neighbor"
- "Welcome to Pennsylvania!"
- "You've Got a Friend in Pennsylvania"
- "Basaic Pennsylvania Page"
- "Welcome to PENNSYLVANIA"
- "LORIPORI' S PENNSYLVANIA"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Pennsylvania
- Hotels in Pennsylvania
- Transportation in Pennsylvania
- Nightlife in Pennsylvania
- Restaurants in Pennsylvania
- Shopping in Pennsylvania
- Warnings and Dangers in Pennsylvania
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Pennsylvania
- 7 Reviews
- 23 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (107)
Have you been to Pennsylvania?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pennsylvania
- Posted in Travel Prague Forum "Re: Best area for accomedation"
- updated a Pennsylvania Travel Page "LORIPORI' S PENNSYLVANIA"
- Commented on one of traveldave's Pennsylvania travel pages
- Wrote a Review BOB EVANS -- DOWN ON THE FARM in Pennsylvania Restaurants
- Uploaded a Photo to "BOB EVANS -- DOWN ON THE FARM"
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Windsor Intro, 110 reviews, 318 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Torremolinos Intro, 81 reviews, 336 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marbella Intro, 53 reviews, 222 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cascais Intro, 38 reviews, 234 photos, 10 travelogues
- Krakow Intro, 45 reviews, 218 photos, 10 travelogues
- Spain Intro, 54 reviews, 192 photos, 7 travelogues
- Chicago Intro, 42 reviews, 193 photos, 8 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 64 reviews, 159 photos, 5 travelogues
- Bergamo Intro, 34 reviews, 181 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Halifax Intro, 31 reviews, 172 photos, 9 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (115)
Top Pennsylvania hotels
- Philadelphia Hotels
- 2083 Reviews - 4048 Photos
- Marshalls Creek Hotels
- 1 Review - 5 Photos
- Gettysburg Hotels
- 403 Reviews - 887 Photos
- Lake Harmony Hotels
- 1 Review
- Mill Run (Fallingwater) Hotels
- 5 Reviews - 19 Photos
- Harrisburg Hotels
- 106 Reviews - 222 Photos
- Pittsburgh Hotels
- 751 Reviews - 1888 Photos
- Erie Hotels
- 96 Reviews - 180 Photos
- Lancaster Hotels
- 242 Reviews - 339 Photos
- Cook Forest State Park Hotels
- 8 Reviews - 34 Photos
- Pymatuning State Park Hotels
- 4 Reviews - 8 Photos
- York Hotels
- 45 Reviews - 41 Photos
- Hershey Hotels
- 106 Reviews - 261 Photos
- Mount Pocono Hotels
- 6 Reviews - 13 Photos
- Wilkes-Barre Hotels
- 25 Reviews - 27 Photos