"Our awesome trip to California summer of 2004" Top 5 Page for this destination California by LoriPori

California Travel Guide: 46,551 reviews and 111,840 photos

Trip to California July 29 to August 17, 2004

Our Odyssey started out in Los Angeles with the V.T get-together in Manhatten Beach. V.T.ers from many parts of the world had a fun-filled weekend, including a cocktail party, volleyball competition and good-bye party and brunch. It was wonderful to see old friends and meet many new ones. In the L.A. area we visited Mexicantown--Olvera Street, Sunset Blvd. and Hollywood Blvd. Travelling north we went Venice Beach, Santa Monica , Malibu and Santa Barbara. Next was the quaint Danish village of Solvang. I absolutely loved this place. Now on to Morro Bay and the Morro Rock known as the Gibraltar of the Pacific. Along the coast we watched in amazement as an elephant seal emerged from the ocean and slowly made its way on to the sand where he could now bask in the sun. We wind our way along the Pacific Coast Highway and the magnificent Big Sur with its breathtaking beauty. Now on to Monterey, Santa Cruz and our weekend destination---San Francisco. Next was Sacramento, Mammoth Lakes, beautiful Lake Tahoe and Yosemite National Park. Now on to Fresno, Costa Mesa and back to Los Angeles. 1648 miles and 18 glorious days.

Along the Big Sur

Big Sur is located along scenic highway 1, 300 miles north of Los Angeles and 150 miles south of San Francisco. It winds along the Pacific coast and is a 90-mile stretch of awesome beauty.

Big Sur has a worldwide reputation for it's spectacular beauty

• Last visit to California: Aug 2004
  • Intro Updated Sep 2, 2004

• MalenaN's Profile Photo
    Feb 20, 2009 at 10:59 PM

In 1990 I and a few friends travelled on Highway 1 from San Fancisco to LA, and I especially remember the beauty at Big Sur. Sounds like your visit to California was great!

• Kuznetsov_Sergey's Profile Photo
    Mar 11, 2008 at 9:39 AM

Excellent page among 5-top pages on such a popular on VT destination! Yes, I quite agree, California is a must! If I ever appear in the USA I'll try to get there. Thanks Lori for the virtual tour! Golden Bridge would still waiting for me...

• traveldave's Profile Photo
    Jul 18, 2007 at 2:28 PM

Despite its well-publicized problems, California is still a great state with lots to see and do. And I lived in the state for three years.

• Apr 1, 2007 at 2:30 AM

Lovely photos, glad to see something different.

• Oct 15, 2006 at 1:14 PM

lovely page! Nikos

• Diana75's Profile Photo
    Oct 4, 2006 at 6:33 AM

Great tips and pictures from this wonderful place that I'd love to visit one day.

• JLBG's Profile Photo
    Jun 13, 2006 at 2:59 AM

A great page that brings back sweet memories of visits across California!

• St_Vincent's Profile Photo
    Feb 13, 2006 at 1:36 AM

Great pages Lori, bought back some memories for me, especially the clam chowder and Emerald Bay in Tahoe, best wishes to you and Hans - Clive

• budapest8's Profile Photo
    Jan 18, 2006 at 3:59 AM

Doing my weekly `Surf and Rate` couple of hours and ended up here! Gr8 pics and info. I was only in LA back in 1987 ! ":*¨`*:·~My§ticÄl~·:*.隐形的 ღ (~_~)♫♫" TIM

• kyoub's Profile Photo
    Nov 21, 2005 at 5:00 AM

A wonderful page on California. It looks kie you had a great visit. We need some Smokey signs along our highways here in Texas during our draught. Loved the beautiful surf pictures.

LoriPori

“Travel Near - Travel Far - The Limit is the Sky”

Badges & Stats in California

Have you been to California?

Latest Activity in California