"THE VILLAGE OF HAWORTH" Haworth by LoriPori

Haworth Travel Guide: 105 reviews and 267 photos

HAWORTH

Monday, September 8, 2008
A former wool manufacturing village, HAWORTH is surrounded by Moorland and the Pennine Hills. It retains much of its character and its Main Street offers an interesting variety of shops and tearooms.
The Keighley & Worth Valley Railway runs regular trains to the village. Actually, our VT group was on the steam train and we did indeed pass through Haworth. But since we only made a short stop in Haworth, It was great that Hans and I got to visit more of the town with VT friends Suet, Poons, Angiebabe and Suvanki.

• Last visit to Haworth: Sep 2008
  • Intro Updated Sep 18, 2008

• spidermiss's Profile Photo
    Apr 24, 2011 at 2:11 PM

I was in Heptonstall and the village reminded me a lot of Haworth. Probably smaller but similar in setting. I actually rode through Haworth on my way to Hebden Bridge last week.

• JLBG's Profile Photo
    Jan 27, 2009 at 1:16 PM

Wow, the Bronte parsonage museum! I would love to visit that ! I have read the books several times !

• MalenaN's Profile Photo
    Jan 8, 2009 at 9:18 AM

Sounds nice to arrive to Haworth by steam train! I hope to visit this part of England one day.

• Trekki's Profile Photo
    Nov 13, 2008 at 10:54 PM

Lovely village this is :-)) Wool history and the famous poet girls :-))

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Nov 10, 2008 at 1:41 PM

Another gorgeous page about a quaint town in West Yorkshire. I would like to take a trip on the Keighhley and Worth Valley Railway.

• Cristian_Uluru's Profile Photo
    Oct 25, 2008 at 12:07 AM

Very nice little town!! :)

• Kuznetsov_Sergey's Profile Photo
    Oct 2, 2008 at 11:43 AM

Nice little page about your short stay in Haworth with VT-friends, never heard about it. Thanks Lori for sharing!

• davesut's Profile Photo
    Sep 22, 2008 at 12:54 PM

I see you liked Haworth, when I go there, there is only one stop and that is the sweet shop opposite the information office.

• yumyum's Profile Photo
    Sep 22, 2008 at 11:46 AM

I read most of the Bronte books but I only ever made it to the NT house in Keighley.

• timada's Profile Photo
    Sep 22, 2008 at 10:13 AM

What a nice place... like in a novel !

LoriPori

“Travel Near - Travel Far - The Limit is the Sky”

Badges & Stats in Haworth

Have you been to Haworth?

Latest Activity in Haworth