Cascais Transportation Tips by LoriPori Top 5 Page for this destination
Cascais Transportation: 51 reviews and 100 photos
Cascais Train Station
The Estoril Coast is well served by a very efficient Public transport system.
Our first experience started at the airport. As instructed, Hans and I took the Aerobus which had a pick-up area right in front of the terminal. It had an area for your luggage and the cost was Euro 3,50 per person. The Aerobus didn't depart until it was jam-packed with people - kinda annoying considering how much it cost to use it. After going through the city of Lisbon, we got off at the last stop - Cais do Sodre' train station (near the River Tego). From there we took the train to Cascais which was Euro 1,70 per person and the trip took about 30 minutes. The train travelled all along the beautiful coastline. The Cascais train station was only a few minutes walk to our Hotel Albergaria Valbom - very convenient and easy.
During our stay, we also used the train for our Lisbon Tour and to get to Estoril for our Saturday night dinner - Euro 1,20
We did not use the local bus at all while in Cascais, but the bus station is conveniently located near Cascais Villa Mall.
As Hans and I had to get to Lisbon Airport early Sunday morning ( our flight was at 8:30 a.m.) our hotel clerk pre-arranged a taxi for us. Bright and early - 5:00 a.m. our driver arrived. He was neatly dressed in a white shirt, he was very polite and he drove a beautiful Mercedes with leather interior - very luxurious - very professional. As it was early on a Sunday morning, there was absolutely no traffic all the way to the airport, which was about a 45 minute drive. The taxi fare was 50 Euros. The driver pointed out that he had to pay highway tolls and was almost apologetic about the price.
More Reviews (37)
- See All CAFE' / TERRACE SERVING PORTUGUESE...
- See All THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT PORTUGAL
- See All WONDERFUL AZULEJOS - TILES
- See All SHOPPING IN CASCAIS
LoriPori's Related Pages
Cascais Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "CASCAIS - THE COAST OF KINGS"
- "VTers Cascade into Cascais"
- "Delightful Fishing Village On The Atlantic Coast"
- "Venue for Euromeet 2009"
- "Cascais, (Euromeet 2009)"
- "Spectacular Cascais"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Cascais
- Hotels in Cascais
- Transportation in Cascais
- Nightlife in Cascais
- Restaurants in Cascais
- Shopping in Cascais
- Warnings and Dangers in Cascais
- See All...
Explore the World
- Mount Ngauruhoe Hotels
- Bonifacio Hotels
- Salt Cay Hotels
- David Hotels
- Fort Meade
Badges & Stats in Cascais
- 38 Reviews
- 234 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 28 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (107)
Have you been to Cascais?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cascais
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: 9 yrs and counting!"
- Commented on one of LoriPori's Cascais travel pages
- updated a Cascais Travel Page "CASCAIS - THE COAST OF KINGS"
- Uploaded a Photo to "MY VA'S - DABS & VINCENTJJ & MISC PICS"
- Wrote a Review CAFE' / TERRACE SERVING PORTUGUESE DISHES in Cascais Restaurants
Photos in CascaisSee All Photos (234)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Windsor Intro, 110 reviews, 318 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Torremolinos Intro, 81 reviews, 336 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marbella Intro, 53 reviews, 222 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cascais Intro, 38 reviews, 234 photos, 10 travelogues
- Krakow Intro, 45 reviews, 218 photos, 10 travelogues
- Spain Intro, 54 reviews, 192 photos, 7 travelogues
- Chicago Intro, 42 reviews, 193 photos, 8 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 64 reviews, 159 photos, 5 travelogues
- Bergamo Intro, 34 reviews, 181 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Halifax Intro, 31 reviews, 172 photos, 9 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (115)
Latest Cascais hotel reviews
- Hotel Cidadela
- 60 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 10, 2013
- Vila Gale Village Cascais
- 216 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 7, 2013
- Senhora da Guia
- 58 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jan 17, 2013
- Grande Real Villa Italia Hotel & Spa
- 255 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 16, 2013
- Pestana Cascais
- 130 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 15, 2013
- Hotel da Vila Cascais
- 26 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 20, 2012
- Cascais Beach Hostel
- 9 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 7, 2011
- Albatroz Villa
- 19 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 11, 2013
- Hotel Quinta da Marinha Resort
- 195 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 7, 2013
- Farol Design Hotel
- 124 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 8, 2013
- Casal Antigo
- 6 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 18, 2008
- Hotel Cascais Miragem
- 250 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 17, 2013
- Casa da Pergola
- 64 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 14, 2013
- Hotel Baia
- 180 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 12, 2013
- Boca do Inferno- 11 Reviews, 30 Photos
- Palace Condes de Castro Guimaraes- 3 Reviews, 9 Photos
- Parque Marechal Carmona- 4 Reviews, 12 Photos
- Conde Gastro Guimaraes Museum- 5 Reviews, 20 Photos
- Casa de Santa Maria- 2 Reviews, 10 Photos
- Beach- 4 Reviews, 6 Photos
- Fishing Harbour- 2 Reviews, 8 Photos
- Parque Municipal da Gandarinha- 2 Reviews, 9 Photos
- Town Hall- 5 Reviews, 14 Photos
- Cidadela- 4 Reviews, 14 Photos
See All Cascais Things to Do