"CASCAIS - THE COAST OF KINGS" Top 5 Page for this destination Cascais by LoriPori
Cascais Travel Guide: 467 reviews and 2,321 photos
A suburb of Lisbon ( 30 km west of Lisbon ) and extending along six miles of beach, Estoril and CASCAIS comprise the Portuguese Riviera.
Cascais was a small fishing village throughout early history as it lies at the mouth of the Rio Tejo and is protected from nature's elements.
In 1870 King Luis I chose to convert the 17th century "Palacio da Citadela" into his summer residence. Cascais soon became a very fashionable town and aristocratic palaces and mansions followed, thus the name "Coast of Kings".
Hans and I really enjoyed our time in Cascais, as it is a typical seaside resort with Belem, Lisbon and Sintra easily accessible, plus its restaurants boast good wine and seafood dishes and traditional Portuguese cuisine.
After spending two weeks in the Algarve, Hans and I were here for a few days because of its proximity to Lisbon Airport. It's a beautiful coastal town and so looking forward to being there again in May, 2009 for the Euromeet.
May 24 to June 7, 2009
- Pros:Totally awesome town of Cascais
On the day Hans and I walked to the Boca do Inferno, we were heading back to Cascais, when we ran into PJ near the Santa... more travel advice
Perhaps one of my favourite things about Cascais, is the Wonderful AZULEJOS or Tiles, samples of which can be seen... more travel advice
LoriPori's Related Pages
Cascais Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "CASCAIS - THE COAST OF KINGS"
- "Delightful Fishing Village On The Atlantic Coast"
- "VTers Cascade into Cascais"
- "Venue for Euromeet 2009"
- "Cascais, (Euromeet 2009)"
- "Spectacular Cascais"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Cascais
- Hotels in Cascais
- Transportation in Cascais
- Nightlife in Cascais
- Restaurants in Cascais
- Shopping in Cascais
- Warnings and Dangers in Cascais
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cascais
- 38 Reviews
- 234 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 31 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (135)
Have you been to Cascais?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cascais
- updated a Cascais Travel Page "CASCAIS - THE COAST OF KINGS"
- Posted in Travel Cuba Forum "Re: Food in All Inclusives"
- Commented on one of LoriPori's Cascais travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "MY VA'S - DABS & VINCENTJJ & MISC PICS"
- Wrote a Review CAFE' / TERRACE SERVING PORTUGUESE DISHES in Cascais Restaurants
Photos in CascaisSee All Photos (234)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Torremolinos Intro, 88 reviews, 389 photos, 16 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Windsor Intro, 115 reviews, 339 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sibiu Intro, 45 reviews, 252 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marbella Intro, 53 reviews, 222 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cascais Intro, 38 reviews, 234 photos, 10 travelogues
- Krakow Intro, 45 reviews, 218 photos, 10 travelogues
- Tallinn Intro, 39 reviews, 223 photos, 10 travelogues
- Spain Intro, 55 reviews, 198 photos, 7 travelogues
- Riga Intro, 41 reviews, 212 photos, 10 travelogues
- Chicago Intro, 42 reviews, 193 photos, 8 travelogues