"VT BUS TOUR TO NAZARE'" Top 5 Page for this destination Nazaré by LoriPori
Nazaré Travel Guide: 157 reviews and 483 photos
Monday, June 1, 2009
Located on the western Atlantic Ocean coast, in the Leiria district NAZARE' is a picturesque Seaside village with its sandy beaches.
The village consists of three areas:
A Praia - along the beach
O Sitio - old town on top of a cliff
Pederneira - old town on a hill top
The town's church, Our Lady of Nazare' was absolutely beautiful. I also loved the boulevard along the seashore, the narrow streets, the white houses and the open markets along the streets.
Nazare' was one of the stops our VT Group made. We also had lunch here at Restaurante Sao Miguel.
Monday morning June 1, began veeeery early - like 5:00 a.m. as we were to get our tour bus at the SAS Radisson, near Campo Grande Metro Station in Lisbon for 8:30 a.m. and most of us were staying in Cascais. Our large group that was staying at Albergaria Valbom headed for the train station around 6:00 a.m. Most had to buy tickets (1.70 Euro) for the 6:30 train to Lisbon. When we arrived at Cais do Sodre Train station, we then headed for the Metro ( Green Line ) to take us to Campo Grande. We arrived in good time around 8:00 a.m. - even were there before Antonio. After we all availed ourselved of the washrooms in the SAS Radisson, we all piled into the big blue bus and we were on our way.
Our first stop was Batalha Monastery. Then the CrisForm glass-blowing factory in Marinha Grande, where we had a wonderful glass-blowing demonstration and then it was on to Nazare' for lunch at Restaurante Sao Miguel. After lunch it was on to Alcobaca Monastery and finally Obidos.
The bus driver got us back to Lisbon at the SAS Radisson. From there we got to the Metro (Green Line) to Cais do Sodre train station and finally headed back to Cascais. A long day but absolutely wonderful. Thanks so much Antonio and Avelino. It was fantastic.
- Pros:Beautiful seaside fishing village
Monday morning June 1, began veeeery early - like 5:00 a.m. as we were to get our tour bus at the SAS Radisson, near... more travel advice
Built in 1899, the FUNICULARbrings you from the Sitio down to the seashore or seashore up to the Sitio. The railway... more travel advice
LoriPori's Related Pages
Nazaré Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Nazare - A quaint and booming seaside resort"
- "Nazaré - the typical fishing village"
- "VT BUS TOUR TO NAZARE'"
- "Quaint and wonderful"
- "Not as touristy as you think..."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Nazaré
- Hotels in Nazaré
- Transportation in Nazaré
- Restaurants in Nazaré
- Shopping in Nazaré
- Warnings and Dangers in Nazaré
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Nazaré
- 11 Reviews
- 69 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 10 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (112)
Have you been to Nazaré?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Nazaré
Photos in NazaréSee All Photos (69)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Windsor Intro, 111 reviews, 332 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Torremolinos Intro, 81 reviews, 336 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sibiu Intro, 45 reviews, 252 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marbella Intro, 53 reviews, 222 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cascais Intro, 38 reviews, 234 photos, 10 travelogues
- Krakow Intro, 45 reviews, 218 photos, 10 travelogues
- Spain Intro, 54 reviews, 192 photos, 7 travelogues
- Chicago Intro, 42 reviews, 193 photos, 8 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 64 reviews, 159 photos, 5 travelogues
- Bergamo Intro, 34 reviews, 181 photos, 9 travelogues