"ALMUNECAR" Top 5 Page for this destination Almuñécar by LoriPori
Almuñécar Travel Guide: 77 reviews and 147 photos
Friday, February 22, 3013
A group of Bajondillo Hotel residents, including Hans and I, went on a Bus Tour, which included the seaside town of ALMUNECAR. A municipality in the region of Andalusia, Almunecar is located between Nerja and Motril and is one of the most important tourist towns in the area.
Our Bus took us along the Beach, with its lovely Promenade and lots of older hotels, which have been around forever. I was not impressed with the beaches tho, as they looked to be mostly small pebbles and not much sandy areas.
As we drove thru town, you couldn't help but notice the Roman influence, such as what was left of an ancient Roman Aquaduct and a protected area of Roman ruins.
Actually, Almunecar began as a Phoenician Colony around 800 B.C. which the Phoenicians named SEXI.
During the time the Romans ruled, the area developed into an important port with a large fish salting and curing industry that supplied Greece and Rome.
After driving along the beach, we headed for the old town area, where the bus parked at the town bus station. Here we all got off and walked a short distance to the Friday Flea Market. We had an hour to check out the market and get back to the bus.
LoriPori's Related Pages
Almuñécar Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Hilltop town on the Costa Tropical"
- "Chilled out Spanish coastal town..."
- "Almunecar - great break"
- "Some Roman bits and a good castle......."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Almuñécar
- Hotels in Almuñécar
- Transportation in Almuñécar
- Nightlife in Almuñécar
- Restaurants in Almuñécar
- Shopping in Almuñécar
- Warnings and Dangers in Almuñécar
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Almuñécar
- 1 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (114)
Have you been to Almuñécar?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Almuñécar
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Windsor Intro, 111 reviews, 332 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Torremolinos Intro, 82 reviews, 346 photos, 13 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sibiu Intro, 45 reviews, 252 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marbella Intro, 53 reviews, 222 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cascais Intro, 38 reviews, 234 photos, 10 travelogues
- Krakow Intro, 45 reviews, 218 photos, 10 travelogues
- Spain Intro, 55 reviews, 197 photos, 7 travelogues
- Chicago Intro, 42 reviews, 193 photos, 8 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 64 reviews, 159 photos, 5 travelogues
- Bergamo Intro, 34 reviews, 181 photos, 9 travelogues