"ANDALUCIA WHITE VILLAGE" Top 5 Page for this destination Casares by LoriPori
Casares Travel Guide: 50 reviews and 118 photos
Sunday February 14, 2010
When Carmen asked what I wanted to do for the day, I said I would like to go to a Flea Market and I would like to visit CASARES. This charming, typical white village is only nine miles from the coast, but you would never know it, as it has avoided the throngs of tourists. probably because it is difficult to get to (no local transportation) and parking is very restricted because of the narrow, winding streets. The village is accessible from the coast road N340/A7.
The scenery is certainly picturesque and there is wonderful views of the village with its medieval fortress perched on top of the hill.
Neighbouring villages include, Manilva (where the Sunday Flea Market was held) and Gaucin. Also Estepona is not far away.
- Pros:Charming, typical Andalucian white village
In the village's main square, Plaza de Espana, there is a statue of Blas Infante Perez de Vargas, the Andalucia National... more travel advice
Hans and I, along with Carmen and Stace, visited the lovely Andalucia white village of CASARES. We turned off the road,... more travel advice
LoriPori's Related Pages
Casares Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Casares, Andalucia"
- "ANDALUCIA WHITE VILLAGE"
- "Casares, lovely white village over the mountains"
- "Casares - A white Andalucian village"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Casares
- Hotels in Casares
- Transportation in Casares
- Restaurants in Casares
- Warnings and Dangers in Casares
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Casares
- 4 Reviews
- 19 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (114)
Have you been to Casares?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Casares
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Windsor Intro, 111 reviews, 332 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Torremolinos Intro, 82 reviews, 346 photos, 13 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sibiu Intro, 45 reviews, 252 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marbella Intro, 53 reviews, 222 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cascais Intro, 38 reviews, 234 photos, 10 travelogues
- Krakow Intro, 45 reviews, 218 photos, 10 travelogues
- Spain Intro, 55 reviews, 197 photos, 7 travelogues
- Chicago Intro, 42 reviews, 193 photos, 8 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 64 reviews, 159 photos, 5 travelogues
- Bergamo Intro, 34 reviews, 181 photos, 9 travelogues