"FUENGIROLA" Top 5 Page for this destination Fuengirola by LoriPori

Fuengirola Travel Guide: 235 reviews and 452 photos

A FUN, BUT WINDY DAY IN FUENGIROLA

Thursday, March 22, 2001 and Tuesday February 10, 2004
Located south and west of Torremolinos, FUENGIROLA is just a short drive away. Its eight kilometres of coast-line makes it an important tourist resort with nice beaches like Carvajal, Torreblanca del Sol, Los Boliches, La Gaviotes, Santa Amalia and El Castillo.
The beautiful promenade spans practically the entire coast-line of Fuengirola, from the area of Sohail Castle to Santa Fe de los Boliches.
One of the more attractive features of Fuengirola is its port. This is one of the most important suppliers of fresh fish to restaurants in the western area of the Costa del Sol.
Sohail Castle is Fuengirola's most important monument and was built in the 10th century.

Update: February 20, 2010
Took the train to Fuengirola to go to the Saturday Flea Market. It was a beautiful sunny day.

Tuesday February 10, 2004
Hans and I spent part of the afternoon and evening in Fuengirola with a special VT member who lives in Fuengirola. Eva (Diageva) met us at the train station, treated us to delicious churros and later in the evening, we were honoured to have dinner with her. Thank you for a lovely time and hope the next time the weather will be a little better.

MARKETS IN FUENGIROLA

Fuengirola boasts the biggest market on the coast on Tuesdays and a terrific flea market held every Saturday. Both are held at the "FERIA" or fairground which is located not far from the train station. There is also a third, smaller market held in the Port on Sundays.

• Pros:Lovely, diverse City with a wonderful Promenade
  • Cons:It was very windy and cool, not nice for sightseeing.
  • Last visit to Fuengirola: Feb 2010
  • Intro Updated Feb 28, 2010

• evaanna's Profile Photo
    Oct 26, 2009 at 12:00 PM

You seem to have enjoyed your trip to this lovely historic town. Churros do look funny but if they are so yummy as you say, I'd love to try them. I also like to peer at other people's plates, esp. before I place my order.

• hopang's Profile Photo
    Oct 19, 2009 at 10:47 AM

Lovely Fuengirola travel page with wonderful photographs. Paseo Maritimo, the Marina and the Plaza certainly look lovely and wonderful to stroll along. Thanks for your virtual tour. ~ho & pang

• jumpingnorman's Profile Photo
    Aug 17, 2009 at 2:57 PM

Fuengirola is rich in history -- and cold winds too! I'm glad you found the scraf you wanted...hopefully it won't be too windy when I visit someday...Norman :)

• Faiza-Ifrah's Profile Photo
    Aug 16, 2008 at 9:01 AM

nice tips on this small beautiful city that we visited ages ago and are planning to visit again. this will be to andalucia and other attractions as well. i even started building my travel guide.

• barbskie's Profile Photo
    Mar 1, 2008 at 4:13 PM

Hmmm, your tip is featured! i like churros very much... but i wonder why i didn't include this to my tips :) thanks for sharing. cheers! julz

• sennaya's Profile Photo
    Jan 11, 2008 at 1:20 PM

MMM Churros - looks delicious!

• Kuznetsov_Sergey's Profile Photo
    Nov 23, 2007 at 9:09 AM

Another beautiful place in Spain which I unfortunately could't visit. Thanks Lori for the virtual tour!

• marielexoteria's Profile Photo
    Nov 22, 2007 at 6:21 AM

I love churros. In my country you can buy them filled with nutella, vanilla cream, etc. or at least you could as of 2003. Keep up the good work :)

• Stephen-KarenConn's Profile Photo
    Aug 5, 2007 at 8:23 AM

Reading this page makes me feel like I've just taken a stroll with you and Hansi along the promenade. Now I wish we could stop in for some of those churros and a cup of hot chocolate.

• traveldave's Profile Photo
    Mar 27, 2007 at 7:31 AM

Looks like a nice little town to explore, especially with a local VTer! Too bad the weather didn't cooperate, but I'd rather have chilly weather in March than hordes of tourists during the warmer months.

LoriPori

“Travel Near - Travel Far - The Limit is the Sky”

Badges & Stats in Fuengirola

Have you been to Fuengirola?

Latest Activity in Fuengirola