"FUENGIROLA" Top 5 Page for this destination Fuengirola by LoriPori
Fuengirola Travel Guide: 235 reviews and 452 photos
Thursday, March 22, 2001 and Tuesday February 10, 2004
Located south and west of Torremolinos, FUENGIROLA is just a short drive away. Its eight kilometres of coast-line makes it an important tourist resort with nice beaches like Carvajal, Torreblanca del Sol, Los Boliches, La Gaviotes, Santa Amalia and El Castillo.
The beautiful promenade spans practically the entire coast-line of Fuengirola, from the area of Sohail Castle to Santa Fe de los Boliches.
One of the more attractive features of Fuengirola is its port. This is one of the most important suppliers of fresh fish to restaurants in the western area of the Costa del Sol.
Sohail Castle is Fuengirola's most important monument and was built in the 10th century.
Update: February 20, 2010
Took the train to Fuengirola to go to the Saturday Flea Market. It was a beautiful sunny day.
Tuesday February 10, 2004
Hans and I spent part of the afternoon and evening in Fuengirola with a special VT member who lives in Fuengirola. Eva (Diageva) met us at the train station, treated us to delicious churros and later in the evening, we were honoured to have dinner with her. Thank you for a lovely time and hope the next time the weather will be a little better.
Fuengirola boasts the biggest market on the coast on Tuesdays and a terrific flea market held every Saturday. Both are held at the "FERIA" or fairground which is located not far from the train station. There is also a third, smaller market held in the Port on Sundays.
- Pros:Lovely, diverse City with a wonderful Promenade
- Cons:It was very windy and cool, not nice for sightseeing.
Update: February 20, 2010 Took the train to Fuengirola as I wanted to go to the Saturday Flea Market at the Feria -... more travel advice
After we were done going through the Flea Market, we were both a little hungary for a snack. On the way to the train... more travel advice
LoriPori's Related Pages
Fuengirola Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Fuengirola with its beautiful promenades."
- "Costa del Sol"
- "THE LIGHT AND THE BREEZE, SPECIAL"
- "Rachels Fuengirola Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Fuengirola
- Hotels in Fuengirola
- Transportation in Fuengirola
- Nightlife in Fuengirola
- Restaurants in Fuengirola
- Shopping in Fuengirola
- Warnings and Dangers in Fuengirola
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Fuengirola
- 21 Reviews
- 45 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 20 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (119)
Have you been to Fuengirola?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Fuengirola
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Windsor Intro, 112 reviews, 334 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Torremolinos Intro, 82 reviews, 346 photos, 13 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sibiu Intro, 45 reviews, 252 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marbella Intro, 53 reviews, 222 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cascais Intro, 38 reviews, 234 photos, 10 travelogues
- Krakow Intro, 45 reviews, 218 photos, 10 travelogues
- Tallinn Intro, 39 reviews, 223 photos, 10 travelogues
- Riga Intro, 41 reviews, 212 photos, 10 travelogues
- Spain Intro, 55 reviews, 197 photos, 7 travelogues
- Chicago Intro, 42 reviews, 193 photos, 8 travelogues