"VALENTINE'S DAY IN MARBELLA" Top 5 Page for this destination Marbella by LoriPori
Marbella Travel Guide: 568 reviews and 2,062 photos
Saturday February 14, 2004
After taking an interesting bus ride from Torremolinos to Marbella, Carmen (Carmela71), picked us up at the bus station. She showed around Puerto Banus, a rich suburb of Marbella with its luxurious yachts, shops and restaurants.
We went to her home where we met up with Stace (Beach_Dog) and also met her wonderful Mother who prepared a nice dinner for all of us.They also presented me with a lovely bouquet of flowers for Valentine's Day. How sweet and thoughtful! Thanks again.
Later we strolled along the picturesque, narrow streets of the Old Town of Marbella (Casco Antigua). Among the highlights were the Rincon de la Virgen, Parque de la Alameda, The old Moorish Castle and Church of the Encarnacion.
Marbella was the location of Euromeet2006, in May. Hans and I spent two weeks here enjoying this lovely town.
Update February 2008
While vacationing in Torremolinos, Hans and I took the bus and visited Carmen and Stace in Marbella. Stace picked us up from the bus station and we spent a lovely day with them, including a delicious lamb dinner. Thanks again.
Update February 1, 2009
Hans and I took the bus and visited Carmen and Stace in Marbella. Stace picked us up from the bus station and we spent a lovely afternoon with them and Sandra. So wonderful to see you all again.
Update February 14, 2010
Hans and I again took the bus to Marbella to visit Carmen and Stace. We spent a lovely afternoon driving in the nearby countryside. Went to a huge Flea Market in Manilva and then went for lunch in the white Andalucia village of Casares. Thanks Carmen and Stace for a lovely day - at least it didn't rain this time. hehe!
Update February 27, 2012
Took the bus to Marbella to visit Carmen and Stace. Also Sandra was there. We all took a lovely walk to the Beach and Old Town as it was a gorgeous sunny day. Carmen and Stace made a great dinner for all of us. Thanks again for a lovely day. xxx
Pictured here is the "Rincon de la Virgen", just one of the many picturesque sights you will see when you visit the Old Town of Marbella.
Marbella is rich in history and dates from the Roman times. The Old Moorish Castle, pictured here stands guard over the Old Town and there are still remnants of the walled fortifications that once protected "Casco Antiguo".
While we were all in Marbella, we had the good fortune that the MARBELLA INTERNATIONAL JAZZ FESTIVAL 2006 was being held... more travel advice
The OLD TOWN or CASCO ANTIGUO of Marbella is perhaps the loveliest town in the Costa Del Sol in my opinion. With its... more travel advice
LoriPori's Related Pages
Marbella Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Marbella (under permanent construction)"
- "VALENTINE'S DAY IN MARBELLA"
- "Marbella - My New Home"
- "Marbella, luxury in the Costa del Sol"
- "Marbella we Love you"
- "MINI MINI VT MEETINGS"
- "VT MEETING IN MARBELLA,MAY 2006"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Marbella
- Hotels in Marbella
- Transportation in Marbella
- Nightlife in Marbella
- Restaurants in Marbella
- Shopping in Marbella
- Warnings and Dangers in Marbella
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Marbella
- 53 Reviews
- 221 Photos
- 4 Forum posts
- 55 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (112)
Have you been to Marbella?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Marbella
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Presenting Luca, Lev, Zenzi..."
- created a Marbella Travelogue "OUR 2012 VISIT TO MARBELLA"
- Uploaded a Photo to "OUR 2012 VISIT TO MARBELLA"
- Commented on one of Martin_S.'s Marbella travel pages
- Wrote a Review MARBELLA INTERNATIONAL JAZZ FESTIVAL 2006 in Marbella Things to Do
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Windsor Intro, 111 reviews, 332 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Torremolinos Intro, 81 reviews, 336 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sibiu Intro, 45 reviews, 252 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marbella Intro, 53 reviews, 222 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cascais Intro, 38 reviews, 234 photos, 10 travelogues
- Krakow Intro, 45 reviews, 218 photos, 10 travelogues
- Spain Intro, 54 reviews, 192 photos, 7 travelogues
- Chicago Intro, 42 reviews, 193 photos, 8 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 64 reviews, 159 photos, 5 travelogues
- Bergamo Intro, 34 reviews, 181 photos, 9 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (122)
Latest Marbella hotel reviews
- Rincon Andaluz Hotel
- 151 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 17, 2013
- Marriott's Marbella Beach Resort
- 636 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 8, 2013
- Don Carlos Hotel Marbella
- 329 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 24, 2013
- Westin La Quinta Golf Resort
- 106 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 5, 2013
- Melia Marbella Dinamar
- 316 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 7, 2013
- Apartamentos Princesa Playa
- 239 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 5, 2013
- Hotel Lima Marbella
- 96 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 18, 2013
- Hotel Los Monteros
- 178 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 26, 2013
- Las Chapas Palacio del Sol Marbella
- 301 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 4, 2013
- El Fuerte Hotel
- 446 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 9, 2013
- Marbella Inn
- 86 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 26, 2013
- Aparthotel El Faro Inn
- 90 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 16, 2013
- Villa Padierna Hotel
- 232 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 8, 2013
- VIME La Reserva de Marbella
- 144 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 3, 2013
- Sultan Club Marbella
- 117 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 20, 2013