"VALENTINE'S DAY IN MARBELLA" Top 5 Page for this destination Marbella by LoriPori
Marbella Travel Guide: 583 reviews and 2,091 photos
Saturday February 14, 2004
After taking an interesting bus ride from Torremolinos to Marbella, Carmen (Carmela71), picked us up at the bus station. She showed around Puerto Banus, a rich suburb of Marbella with its luxurious yachts, shops and restaurants.
We went to her home where we met up with Stace (Beach_Dog) and also met her wonderful Mother who prepared a nice dinner for all of us.They also presented me with a lovely bouquet of flowers for Valentine's Day. How sweet and thoughtful! Thanks again.
Later we strolled along the picturesque, narrow streets of the Old Town of Marbella (Casco Antigua). Among the highlights were the Rincon de la Virgen, Parque de la Alameda, The old Moorish Castle and Church of the Encarnacion.
Marbella was the location of Euromeet2006, in May. Hans and I spent two weeks here enjoying this lovely town.
Update February 2008
While vacationing in Torremolinos, Hans and I took the bus and visited Carmen and Stace in Marbella. Stace picked us up from the bus station and we spent a lovely day with them, including a delicious lamb dinner. Thanks again.
Update February 1, 2009
Hans and I took the bus and visited Carmen and Stace in Marbella. Stace picked us up from the bus station and we spent a lovely afternoon with them and Sandra. So wonderful to see you all again.
Update February 14, 2010
Hans and I again took the bus to Marbella to visit Carmen and Stace. We spent a lovely afternoon driving in the nearby countryside. Went to a huge Flea Market in Manilva and then went for lunch in the white Andalucia village of Casares. Thanks Carmen and Stace for a lovely day - at least it didn't rain this time. hehe!
Update February 27, 2012
Took the bus to Marbella to visit Carmen and Stace. Also Sandra was there. We all took a lovely walk to the Beach and Old Town as it was a gorgeous sunny day. Carmen and Stace made a great dinner for all of us. Thanks again for a lovely day. xxx
Pictured here is the "Rincon de la Virgen", just one of the many picturesque sights you will see when you visit the Old Town of Marbella.
Marbella is rich in history and dates from the Roman times. The Old Moorish Castle, pictured here stands guard over the Old Town and there are still remnants of the walled fortifications that once protected "Casco Antiguo".
While we were all in Marbella, we had the good fortune that the MARBELLA INTERNATIONAL JAZZ FESTIVAL 2006 was being held... more travel advice
The OLD TOWN or CASCO ANTIGUO of Marbella is perhaps the loveliest town in the Costa Del Sol in my opinion. With its... more travel advice
LoriPori's Related Pages
Marbella Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Marbella (under permanent construction)"
- "VALENTINE'S DAY IN MARBELLA"
- "Marbella - My New Home"
- "Marbella, luxury in the Costa del Sol"
- "Marbella we Love you"
- "VT MEETING IN MARBELLA,MAY 2006"
- "Beautiful Marbella"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Marbella
- Hotels in Marbella
- Transportation in Marbella
- Nightlife in Marbella
- Restaurants in Marbella
- Shopping in Marbella
- Warnings and Dangers in Marbella
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Marbella
- 53 Reviews
- 221 Photos
- 4 Forum posts
- 54 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (135)
Have you been to Marbella?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Marbella
- updated a Marbella Travel Page "VALENTINE'S DAY IN MARBELLA"
- Posted in Travel Cuba Forum "Re: Food in All Inclusives"
- Commented on one of LoriPori's Marbella travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "OUR 2012 VISIT TO MARBELLA"
- Wrote a Review MARBELLA INTERNATIONAL JAZZ FESTIVAL 2006 in Marbella Things to Do
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Torremolinos Intro, 88 reviews, 389 photos, 16 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Windsor Intro, 115 reviews, 339 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sibiu Intro, 45 reviews, 252 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marbella Intro, 53 reviews, 222 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cascais Intro, 38 reviews, 234 photos, 10 travelogues
- Krakow Intro, 45 reviews, 218 photos, 10 travelogues
- Tallinn Intro, 39 reviews, 223 photos, 10 travelogues
- Spain Intro, 55 reviews, 198 photos, 7 travelogues
- Riga Intro, 41 reviews, 212 photos, 10 travelogues
- Chicago Intro, 42 reviews, 193 photos, 8 travelogues