"ANCIENT HILL- TOP VILLAGE" Medina Sidonia by LoriPori
Medina Sidonia Travel Guide: 51 reviews and 119 photos
Medina Sidonia, located in the Cadiz province of Andalucia, Southern Spain, is a little known ancient hill-top village. The town was one of Spain's most important ducal seats in the 15th century and produced an admiral who led an armada against England. The town is impressive with medieval walls and narrow cobble-stoned streets flanked by rows of reja-fronted houses. The town has the whole essence of a Moorish city.
Hans and I had the good fortune to see this lovely little village in the company of our dear friends Carmen and Stace. They thought we would like it, so on our way to the Feria in Jerez we took a little side trip to Medina Sidonia and we really thank them for that. Though we didn't have a lot of time here, we did manage to see the Iglesia Santa Maria La Mayor, the Arco de Belen and wonderful views from the top of the hill where the ruins of the castle were.
Thanks to you two, Hans and I get to see the "REAL" Andalucia.
OK so this is a good opportunity to show off Stace and Carmen's awesome vehicle, the KIA which is a sports utility... more travel advice
From its hilltop location, Medina Sidonia has INCREDIBLE VIEWS to both the Atlantic and the Sierra de Cadiz. Often you... more travel advice
LoriPori's Related Pages
Medina Sidonia Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The City Of Sidon"
- "And out of the mist appeared a city."
- "ANCIENT HILL- TOP VILLAGE"
- "3000 years of History"
- "MEDINA SIDONIA"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Medina Sidonia
- Transportation in Medina Sidonia
- Restaurants in Medina Sidonia
- Shopping in Medina Sidonia
- Warnings and Dangers in Medina Sidonia
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Medina Sidonia
- 5 Reviews
- 35 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 13 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (114)
Have you been to Medina Sidonia?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Medina Sidonia
Photos in Medina SidoniaSee All Photos (35)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Windsor Intro, 111 reviews, 332 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Torremolinos Intro, 82 reviews, 346 photos, 13 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sibiu Intro, 45 reviews, 252 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marbella Intro, 53 reviews, 222 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cascais Intro, 38 reviews, 234 photos, 10 travelogues
- Krakow Intro, 45 reviews, 218 photos, 10 travelogues
- Spain Intro, 55 reviews, 197 photos, 7 travelogues
- Chicago Intro, 42 reviews, 193 photos, 8 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 64 reviews, 159 photos, 5 travelogues
- Bergamo Intro, 34 reviews, 181 photos, 9 travelogues