"MAGICAL MIJAS" Top 5 Page for this destination Mijas by LoriPori

Mijas Travel Guide: 189 reviews and 595 photos

CAN'T GET ENOUGH OF MIJAS

Hans and I have been to Mijas four times, and probably the next time we go to Spain we will go to Mijas again. That's how much we like it there. Though it's a lot more touristy now, we both enjoy roaming the little narrow streets and taking in the beautiful white houses. They also now have Flamenco Shows on Wednesday afternoon starting at 12:30 p.m. Hans and I have taken the local bus there. It's about an hour and a half ride from Torremolinos as Mijas is just a short distance from the coast. The bus takes you up a long winding and narrow road. Sometimes the driver had to make complete U-turns. I don't know how he does it.
Mijas has a lot to offer. Check in at the Tourist Information Center when you first arrive, so that you don't miss anything. Some of the highlights of Mijas are the following:
El Compas View Point
Shrine of the Virgin of the Rock
Plaza de Toros
Iglesia de Immaculate Conception
Mijas Burro Taxi
Fortress Walls and Gardens

FREE FLAMENCO IN MIJAS

Wednesdays in Mijas are busy, as the word has spread that there is a FREE FLAMENCO SHOW every Wednesday. It is held in the gazebo in the central square of Mijas. You can't miss it. It was an awesome show. It lasted about an hour and the dancing was fabulous. I love watching their feet. The costumes were beautiful.
And I must add, the town had a little table there, where they handed out samples of the local wine in a small, plastic "Mijas" cup while the Flamenco Show was going on. That was a pleasant surprise.

MIJAS BURRO TAXIS

• Pros:Love this Place
  • Last visit to Mijas: Jan 2006
  • Intro Updated Feb 18, 2008

• Gillybob's Profile Photo
    May 18, 2012 at 3:25 AM

Remembering our day to Mijas during the Winter Warmer - lovely page. Gillybob greetings

• evaanna's Profile Photo
    Oct 14, 2009 at 9:05 AM

What a great destination for a day trip! Loved the narrow streets of white houses, the churches and their interiors and found the viewing point just stunning. Excellent page with some great pictures!

• jumpingnorman's Profile Photo
    Jun 3, 2009 at 7:31 AM

oooh..Flamenco dancing! That would be nice to watch --- you've been all around Spain, it's amazing...

• JLBG's Profile Photo
    Mar 29, 2009 at 9:55 PM

Fine updates! I laughed hard when I discovered the photo of antique(s) that you had posted for the Mijas Folk museum, haha! That's great to have a burro taxi with no half burnt gas scents, but, that's true, other scents!

• starship's Profile Photo
    Mar 25, 2009 at 7:37 AM

Nice page, Lori! I agree with you, though. I could never, ever watch a bullfight!

• MalenaN's Profile Photo
    Mar 23, 2009 at 11:33 AM

That's a great tradition you have! Mijas looks like a lovely place to spend some hours in!

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Jan 24, 2009 at 5:40 AM

Lori, gorgeous page with fantastic photos. It really seems to be quite easy and cheap to get there by bus from Torremolinos. Have a lovely weekend.

• traveldave's Profile Photo
    Apr 18, 2008 at 7:50 AM

Mijas looks like a nice little town. I can see why you go back again and again.

• Kuznetsov_Sergey's Profile Photo
    Mar 5, 2008 at 9:04 AM

Mijas worth four visiting I believe! Its picturesque narrow streets with white houses are so beautiful. I liked your travelogues very much (old and new). Looking forward to read updatings from the next year!

• karenincalifornia's Profile Photo
    Jan 21, 2007 at 8:44 PM

I am glad to hear you love Mijas. We will be spending a week here in the summer - so time to start checking out the VT tips. Your page looks great - will come back and read it thoroughly for sure!

LoriPori

“Travel Near - Travel Far - The Limit is the Sky”

Badges & Stats in Mijas