"MAGICAL MIJAS" Top 5 Page for this destination Mijas by LoriPori
Mijas Travel Guide: 189 reviews and 595 photos
Hans and I have been to Mijas four times, and probably the next time we go to Spain we will go to Mijas again. That's how much we like it there. Though it's a lot more touristy now, we both enjoy roaming the little narrow streets and taking in the beautiful white houses. They also now have Flamenco Shows on Wednesday afternoon starting at 12:30 p.m. Hans and I have taken the local bus there. It's about an hour and a half ride from Torremolinos as Mijas is just a short distance from the coast. The bus takes you up a long winding and narrow road. Sometimes the driver had to make complete U-turns. I don't know how he does it.
Mijas has a lot to offer. Check in at the Tourist Information Center when you first arrive, so that you don't miss anything. Some of the highlights of Mijas are the following:
El Compas View Point
Shrine of the Virgin of the Rock
Plaza de Toros
Iglesia de Immaculate Conception
Mijas Burro Taxi
Fortress Walls and Gardens
Wednesdays in Mijas are busy, as the word has spread that there is a FREE FLAMENCO SHOW every Wednesday. It is held in the gazebo in the central square of Mijas. You can't miss it. It was an awesome show. It lasted about an hour and the dancing was fabulous. I love watching their feet. The costumes were beautiful.
And I must add, the town had a little table there, where they handed out samples of the local wine in a small, plastic "Mijas" cup while the Flamenco Show was going on. That was a pleasant surprise.
- Pros:Love this Place
We were getting hungry, with all that walking. But, what were we hungry for??? Then we came across CAFE' MIJAS which was... more travel advice
An excellent look-out point EL COMPAS VIEW POINT looks over the Mijas Valley and a large part of the Costa del Sol. The... more travel advice
LoriPori's Related Pages
Mijas Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "An Andalusian Week in Mijas Pueblo"
- "MAGICAL MIJAS"
- "MIJAS PUEBLO"
- "Pueblo Blanco"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Mijas
- Hotels in Mijas
- Transportation in Mijas
- Nightlife in Mijas
- Restaurants in Mijas
- Shopping in Mijas
- Warnings and Dangers in Mijas
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Mijas
- 18 Reviews
- 148 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 19 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (114)
Have you been to Mijas?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mijas
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Windsor Intro, 111 reviews, 332 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Torremolinos Intro, 82 reviews, 346 photos, 13 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sibiu Intro, 45 reviews, 252 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marbella Intro, 53 reviews, 222 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cascais Intro, 38 reviews, 234 photos, 10 travelogues
- Krakow Intro, 45 reviews, 218 photos, 10 travelogues
- Spain Intro, 55 reviews, 197 photos, 7 travelogues
- Chicago Intro, 42 reviews, 193 photos, 8 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 64 reviews, 159 photos, 5 travelogues
- Bergamo Intro, 34 reviews, 181 photos, 9 travelogues