"TORREMOLINOS --- COSTA DEL SOL" Top 5 Page for this destination Torremolinos by LoriPori

Torremolinos Travel Guide: 437 reviews and 1,584 photos

TORREMOLINOS --- OLE'

Hans and I have been to TORREMOLINOS four times. The first two times just to visit, the third time, in February 2004, we stayed for three weeks and the fourth time in January and February 2006, we stayed for four weeks. We both enjoy it here very much as we love the beaches and the promenade in Torremolinos. It is also less crowded in the winter months. There is also lots of shopping and restaurants to choose from.
Update: Hans and I returned to Torremolinos for the fifth time. We stayed for three weeks - January 22 to February 11, 2008. The weather was absolutely fantastic for the whole time except the last two days was cool and windy.

Update: Our sixth time to Torremolinos, we stayed for three weeks - January 27 to February 18, 2009. The weather was pretty good, only two days of rain. We mostly relaxed and enjoyed ourselves. Did not do any tours. Did do our traditional visit to Mijas and walked to Benalmadena and of course had a visit with our dear friends Carmen and Stace in Marbella.
Hans' sister Nel and husband Jean came from Holland, for a week in Torremolinos, so it was wonderful to spend some time with them.

Update: February 3 to 24, 2010
Returned to Torremolinos - our seventh visit.
Once again, we mostly relaxed. Weather wasn't that great this time - way too many rainy days. but the plus side, was that we made many more new friends at Bajondillo. Participated in many more activities there.
We made a day trip to Fuengirola for the Saturday Flea Market.
Also took the bus to Marbella, to have a visit with Carmen and Stace. Went for a nice drive up to Casares, where we had lunch and went to a huge flea market in Manilva.

Update: January 28 to February 26, 2011
Wow! Our eighth time to Torremolinos. This year the weather was fantastic - temps in the high sixties and seventies - sunny and only two days of rain. OLE'
The first weekend we were there, the Barney Awards were going on in California and from the TV Room at the Bajondillo we had a little Barney Gala, complete with tiaras and boas. About twenty members were here to celebrate. Hans and Gillian each won a Barney award - congratulations to you both
We mostly relaxed and enjoyed our friendships at the Bajondillo. Also one afternoon we went with Fina and Gino to Malaga by train. The highlight of our visit, was to see the new enclosed Market, which I loved. We bought some crusty bread, ham and olives and had a picnic at the Marina.

Update: February 8 to 29, 2012
Our ninth time to Torremolinos and again the weather was fantastic - only one day of rain.
Highlights during this visit was a Group Bus Tour of Bajondillo residents, to Antequerra and Periana, where we had lunch at the Cantueso Restaurant.
We also took the bus to Marbella to visit Carmen and Stace and Sandra.

Update: January 27 to February 27, 2013
Our tenth time to Torremolinos, this time for four weeks and again the weather was fabulous - only two days of rain.
Highlights during this visit was a Group Bus Tour of Bajondillo residents, to Almunecar where we went to a Flea Market and Otivar, where we had a most delicious chicken dinner.

Update: January 28 to March 1, 2014
Our 11th time to Torremolinos, and again for four weeks.
Highlights during this visit was a drive thru the Guadalhorce Valley with Henning. We stopped in Pizarra for coffees and in Casarabonela for a menu lunch at Meson de Parada. Also we met up with Leics in Malaga for the afternoon. We had drinks and a short visit with Carmen and Stace. We again did the chicken dinner in Otivar.

• Pros:I just love spending time in Torremolinos
  • Last visit to Torremolinos: Feb 2014
  • Intro Updated Mar 12, 2014

• CaptainLarry's Profile Photo
    Nov 24, 2013 at 3:41 PM

Lori, we'll not be seeing you in Torremolinos in February 2014 after all. the First Mate and I, along with Marty and Shirley, are going to Malta instead. We have two rooms booked at an all-inclusive resort in Malta from 30 January through 26 February 2014. I was in Malta several times while a young sailor on a ship in the Mediterranean in the late 1960s. In 2011 the First Mate and I went to Malta for a week and we really enjoyed it. So we're trying something different. We have never been to an all-inclusive resort before, and we have never done four full weeks that were not booked through a tour company or a travel agent. Planning has been a lot of fun and it is now "locked in".

The winter climate in Malta is not significantly different from Torremolinos. And there is another similarity -- it is the off season so the prices are very reasonable. The major difference from when we were in Torremolinos is that we are doing our own logistics. We will be doing some touring, but we will have to arrange all the tours on our own, with a little help from the hotel, we hope. Malta is very small and has a good public transportation system, so I don't expect any difficulty. And there are day tours we can book if need be.

I'll let you know how it works out. You may even want to put Malta on your list of places to visit.

Nov 25, 2013 at 3:24 AM

Sounds good Larry. Hope you enjoy your time there. Hans and I are pretty happy to stay in Torremolinos so won't be changing the venue, but do let me know how it was for you.

• Yaqui's Profile Photo
    Apr 7, 2013 at 7:40 AM

This place is absolutely amazing. I love the statues, food, beach, and especially the Tango. Awesome page!

Apr 8, 2013 at 3:22 AM

Thanks Dee. We think this place is pretty amazing also and that's why we return year after year in February. Thank you for visiting and your generous ratings.

• starship's Profile Photo
    Mar 18, 2013 at 5:46 AM

Great updates, Lori! I'd love to spend a month on the Costa del Sol and Torremolinos sounds perfect. I have to say that the prices seem to be extremely reasonable!! I love the fact that day trips can be arranged right at your hotel and again, prices seem excellent! I know you must have had a fabulous time!

Mar 18, 2013 at 1:05 PM

The prices are indeed reasonable and the hotels and restaurants do try their best to keep prices low. We enjoyed our month stay this year as the weather was perfect and we did a lot of walking which we need to do to keep healthy.

• MalenaN's Profile Photo
    Apr 10, 2011 at 5:24 AM

I have never been to Torremolinos but it sounds to be a lovely place with lots to see nearby. And your favourit accommodation sounds to be great! Just came back to read more of this excellent page!

• Mar 18, 2011 at 9:28 AM

This is one of the best areas of Spain I have stayed in. Could go back year after year and never get bored.

• easterntrekker's Profile Photo
    Feb 8, 2011 at 12:29 PM

Looks like a fabulous place .Ilove Spain but have never been to Torremolinos..

• toonsarah's Profile Photo
    Jan 26, 2011 at 12:54 PM

Getting myself in the mood :-) It's going to be a super weekend!! The white villages look lovely though they may have to wait for another time, but I look forward to trying some of those local delicacies :-)

• aussirose's Profile Photo
    Jan 23, 2011 at 1:59 AM

Very enjoyable read Lori :o) I've decided that we will stay at the Bajondillo apartments...and we will be there for the flemenco dance night!.... Cool! :o) Thanks for all the tips mate! ....you guys must be on your way there soon :o) Hugs xx

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Jan 17, 2011 at 12:02 PM

Hi, Lori! I am glad you have enjoyed all your numerous stays there.... Thanks for sharing your joy here! ><><><

• Gillybob's Profile Photo
    Nov 29, 2010 at 4:40 AM

Just checked out your restaurant tips - first order of the day! ;-) Gillybob greetings

LoriPori

“Travel Near - Travel Far - The Limit is the Sky”

Badges & Stats in Torremolinos

Have you been to Torremolinos?

Latest Activity in Torremolinos