"PROVINCIE GELDERLAND" Top 5 Page for this destination Provincie Gelderland by LoriPori
Provincie Gelderland Travel Guide: 2,423 reviews and 7,898 photos
Gelderland is the largest Province of the Netherlands. The Province is centrally located and is bounded in the northeast by Overijssel, in the east by North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany, in the south by Limburg and Noord-Brabant, in the extreme southwest by South Holland, in the west by the Province of Utrecht and in the northwest by the Veluwemeer. The capital is Arnhem.
Over the years, Hans and I have visited many towns and cities in the Province of Gelderland including:
Tuesday, May 19, 2015
Hans' sister Leida, told us that we must visit ELBURG as it was a lovely little town and not too far from where we were staying in Oldebroek.
Elburg is a scenic, medieval town in the Province of Gelderland, 17 kilometres southwest of Zwolle.
Throughout the centuries, Elburg was a fishing and farming center. The close off of the Zuiderzee in 1932 resulted to an end to the fishing industry of Elburg, since the former salt water bay gradually became a body of fresh water.
The city concluded that tourism would be a viable sector for the local economy and indeed, tourists have made it a popular destination, visiting this charming, medieval town, especially during its Festivals.
Another wonderful thing about Elburg is that its narrow streets are void of car traffic. Visitors have to leave their cars just outside the entrance to the town. There was plenty of parking as a Market that was held that morning was just winding up.
Friday, May 15, 2015
Hans and I visited HATTEM because his sister and husband had their boat moored there and also two cousins were staying at the camping area near the Marina.
I went for a stroll of the town with his sister Leida and cousin Coby. It was a beautiful sunny day. It was relaxing to walk the streets of Hattem as cars are not allowed in the centrum.
Our first stop was to the VVV Tourist Information Center, so I could get some brochures and information about Hattem.
Hattem is a municipality in the eastern Netherlands, in the Province of Gelderland. It is not far from the city of Zwolle.
Hattem has much to offer - museums - a large variety of shops - a windmill and the Dijkpoort. I totally enjoyed our afternoon there.
May 15 to May 22, 2015
As we were going to the VT Meet in Aachen, Germany, we thought it would also be a good time to get together with Hans' family in the Netherlands. We thought about staying in a Hotel, but when we talked to Hans' sister Nel, she suggested to rent a bungalow at the Landal Green Parks and there was one near Oldebroek - LANDAL LANDGOED 'T LOO. I did some research and we thought it was a brilliant idea. We all would be together which would be wonderful.
Hans and I, Nel and Jean, her daughter Caroline, husband Eric and son Runar booked one bungalow (#60) and Hans' brother Willem, his son Michael, daughter Kim and sons Max and Lars and also our brother-in-law Gunter who was visiting from South Africa, booked another bungalow.
These are up to 6 persons bungalows with three bedrooms and two bathrooms.
While at the Landal we had a family reunion on the Saturday at our Bungalow. It was awesome. We got take-out Chinese-Indonesian Food so nobody had to cook.
We also visited Hans' sister and brother-in-law whose boat was moored in Hattem. Cousins Coby and Willem were with their motorhomes at the Marina camping area.
Monday, we went to Delft to have lunch with Hans' sister Anne-Marie.
Tuesday, was a free day, so Hans and I went to Elburg.
Thursday, together with Hans' school friends , we went to the scenic town of Giethoorn.
All in all a very busy week and I loooooved it.
May 15 to May 22, 2015 As we were going to the VT Meet in Aachen, Germany, we thought it would also be a good time to... more travel advice
Tuesday, May 19, 2015 Hans' sister Leida, told us that we must visit ELBURG as it was a lovely little town and not too... more travel advice
LoriPori's Related Pages
Provincie Gelderland Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Gelderland with its beautiful churches."
- "Province of Gelderland"
- "PROVINCIE GELDERLAND"
- "My beloved and green Gelderland"
- "Gelderland, the largest province of The Netherland"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Provincie Gelderland
- Hotels in Provincie Gelderland
- Transportation in Provincie Gelderland
- Nightlife in Provincie Gelderland
- Restaurants in Provincie Gelderland
- Shopping in Provincie Gelderland
- Warnings and Dangers in Provincie Gelderland
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Provincie Gelderland
- 33 Reviews
- 143 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (136)
Have you been to Provincie Gelderland?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Provincie Gelderland
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Just sharing my excitement :o)"
- updated a Provincie Gelderland Travel Page "PROVINCIE GELDERLAND"
- Commented on one of LoriPori's Provincie Gelderland travel pages
- Wrote a Review A BIT ABOUT OLDEBROEK in Provincie Gelderland Favorites
- Uploaded a Photo to "PROVINCIE GELDERLAND"
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Torremolinos Intro, 88 reviews, 389 photos, 16 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Windsor Intro, 116 reviews, 343 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sibiu Intro, 45 reviews, 252 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marbella Intro, 53 reviews, 222 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cascais Intro, 38 reviews, 234 photos, 10 travelogues
- Krakow Intro, 45 reviews, 218 photos, 10 travelogues
- Tallinn Intro, 39 reviews, 223 photos, 10 travelogues
- Spain Intro, 55 reviews, 198 photos, 7 travelogues
- Riga Intro, 41 reviews, 212 photos, 10 travelogues
- Chicago Intro, 42 reviews, 193 photos, 8 travelogues