"PICTURESQUE PEGGY'S COVE" Top 5 Page for this destination Peggy's Cove by LoriPori

Peggy's Cove Travel Guide: 68 reviews and 285 photos

PEGGY'S COVE

Tuesday, September 11, 2012
A small community, PEGGY'S COVE is located on the Eastern Shore of St. Margarets Bay and 43 kilometers southwest of Halifax. Peggy's Cove is one of the numerous small fishing villages located around the Chebucto Peninsula. Many artists and photographers flock to Peggy's Cove as do tourists and Bus Tours.
The village's famous Lighthouse with its classic colors of red and white, marks the eastern entrance of St. Margarets Bay. Situated on a granite outcrop, the lighthouse is officially known as the Peggys Point Lighthouse.
Visitors may explore the granite outcrop around the lighthouse , despite numerous signs warning of unpredictable surf and slippery rocks. There have been many injuries and even death for some who do not heed the warnings.
The current lighthouse, octagonal in shape, was built in 1914 and is made of reinforced concrete. It stands almost 15 meters (50 feet) high.
From the beginning, the community's economy revolved around the fishery. Today tourism has overtaken fishing in economic importance. Peggy's Cove is simply a photographer's dream with all the colorful wooden houses, fishing boats and lobster traps. I have to say, I was soooo looking forward to my visit to Peggy's Cove and I was not disappointed. It was one of the highlights of our East Coast Road Trip.

• Last visit to Peggy's Cove: Sep 2012
  • Intro Updated Sep 30, 2012

• GentleSpirit's Profile Photo
    Jan 4, 2013 at 4:31 AM

I hadn't seen this set of pages before. Great pictures, the day we were there was darker and overcast. The clam chowder at the little restaurant by the lighthouse was awesome as i remember!

• MalenaN's Profile Photo
    Oct 4, 2012 at 11:09 AM

The beautiful photo of Peggy's Cove on your home page brought me here. It looks absolutely lovely and I can understand it was a highlight on your trip.

• LoriPori's Profile Photo
      Oct 4, 2012 at 11:46 AM

Yes, I really enjoyed our visit to Peggy's Cove. It's such a lovely little fishing village.

LoriPori

“Travel Near - Travel Far - The Limit is the Sky”

Badges & Stats in Peggy's Cove

Have you been to Peggy's Cove?

Latest Activity in Peggy's Cove