"BAYEUX AND NORMANDY" Top 5 Page for this destination Bayeux by LoriPori
Bayeux Travel Guide: 189 reviews and 558 photos
September 24 & 25, 1998
Ever since Hans and I learned about Bayeux and its famous tapestry, we made it a priority to see it the next time we were in France. So after visiting his sister and exploring the Loire Valley and its chateaux, we made our way to Falaise, home of William the Conquerer, Caen and Bayeux. We stayed two nights in a 17th century farm, where they offered "Bed & Breakfast". That was an awesome experience. The first day we explored Bayeux, its town center with cobblestone streets and the "Tapisserie de Bayeux". The second day we visited the beaches of Normandy, only 10 kms away, including Longues-Sur-Mer, La Pointe du Hoc, Arromanches and Omaha Beach. All were part of our history and why we are free today.
Born in Falaise in 1027, William was the son of Robert the Devil, duke of Normandy. After his father died in 1035, he... more travel advice
The symbol of the gallantry of the young American soldiers and one of the strongpoints of the German fortifications, the... more travel advice
LoriPori's Related Pages
Bayeux Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The wonderful town of Bayeux"
- "BAYEUX, still a medieval city"
- "Bayeux: City of Conquest"
- "BAYEUX AND NORMANDY"
- "Untouched in the Eye of the Storm"
- "My Trip to the Beaches"
- "The town of Reine Mathilde"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bayeux
- Hotels in Bayeux
- Transportation in Bayeux
- Nightlife in Bayeux
- Restaurants in Bayeux
- Shopping in Bayeux
- Warnings and Dangers in Bayeux
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bayeux
- 10 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 32 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (114)
Have you been to Bayeux?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bayeux
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: ANYONE ELSE FOLLOWED IN..."
- updated a Bayeux Travel Page "BAYEUX AND NORMANDY"
- Commented on one of Cristian_Uluru's Bayeux travel pages
- Wrote a Review FALAISE -- HOME OF WILLIAM THE CONQUERER in Bayeux Off The Beaten Path
- Uploaded a Photo to "OMAHA BEACH -- AMERICAN CEMETERY"
Photos in BayeuxSee All Photos (11)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Windsor Intro, 111 reviews, 332 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Torremolinos Intro, 81 reviews, 336 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sibiu Intro, 45 reviews, 252 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marbella Intro, 53 reviews, 222 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cascais Intro, 38 reviews, 234 photos, 10 travelogues
- Krakow Intro, 45 reviews, 218 photos, 10 travelogues
- Spain Intro, 54 reviews, 192 photos, 7 travelogues
- Chicago Intro, 42 reviews, 193 photos, 8 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 64 reviews, 159 photos, 5 travelogues
- Bergamo Intro, 34 reviews, 181 photos, 9 travelogues