"BAYEUX AND NORMANDY" Top 5 Page for this destination Bayeux by LoriPori

Bayeux Travel Guide: 189 reviews and 561 photos

BAYEUX -- HOME OF THE FAMOUS TAPESTRY

September 24 & 25, 1998
Ever since Hans and I learned about Bayeux and its famous tapestry, we made it a priority to see it the next time we were in France. So after visiting his sister and exploring the Loire Valley and its chateaux, we made our way to Falaise, home of William the Conquerer, Caen and Bayeux. We stayed two nights in a 17th century farm, where they offered "Bed & Breakfast". That was an awesome experience. The first day we explored Bayeux, its town center with cobblestone streets and the "Tapisserie de Bayeux". The second day we visited the beaches of Normandy, only 10 kms away, including Longues-Sur-Mer, La Pointe du Hoc, Arromanches and Omaha Beach. All were part of our history and why we are free today.

• Last visit to Bayeux: Sep 1998
  • Intro Updated Feb 24, 2009

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Sep 10, 2010 at 11:18 AM

France is rich in such picturesque places.... It's high time for me to visit it... I'd love to!

• Pawtuxet's Profile Photo
    Oct 16, 2009 at 6:58 AM

What a great trip. would love to stay in that B&B. This is the region of France I would love to explore.

• evaanna's Profile Photo
    Oct 7, 2009 at 2:50 AM

Very interesting page - never heard of the tapestry before but it looks just great! Would love to stay on that farm someday.

• starship's Profile Photo
    Sep 15, 2009 at 7:24 PM

Your page brought back very solemn memories to our visit to the American cemetery at Omaha Beach and viewing the Bayeux Tapestry. That trip certainly is etched in my memory!

• angiebabe's Profile Photo
    Aug 7, 2009 at 3:39 AM

Hi,exlnt pg, I was astounded when I visited the tapestry! seriously I hadnt heard of it! the trouble with coming from the other side of the world!?visiting the DDay sites was also an eye opener for me&all part of the wonder of my time in Europe!

• lynnehamman's Profile Photo
    Jul 23, 2009 at 8:34 PM

Hola Lori- interesting page on Bayeux- and its very important historical connection. The tapestry is awesome. Your accommodation sounds great too.

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Mar 5, 2009 at 11:49 AM

Lori, exclellent page about this gem of the Normadie. I often wanted to explore this region of France but I never really made it there.

• MalenaN's Profile Photo
    Feb 27, 2009 at 12:32 PM

I like tapestries and I would very much like to see the Bayeux Tapestry one day!

• vinc_bilb's Profile Photo
    Feb 24, 2009 at 1:38 AM

Great pages, very interesting. Thanks (NB: it should be "Loire Valley and its chateaux")

• tiabunna's Profile Photo
    Feb 17, 2009 at 3:09 AM

Very enjoyable, Lori - your page brought back many memories of our visit there some years ago in pre-digital camera days!

LoriPori

“Travel Near - Travel Far - The Limit is the Sky”

Badges & Stats in Bayeux