"CARCASSONNE" Top 5 Page for this destination Carcassonne by LoriPori

Carcassonne Travel Guide: 477 reviews and 1,389 photos

LA CITE' MEDIEVALE DE CARCASSONNE

Ever since I heard and read about CARCASSONNE I dreamed about going there one day. I imagined it as a magical place, rich in medieval history. I mentioned my desire to go there, with Hans' brother Wim from Holland. When he said that he would love to go to Carcassonne with us, I was absolutely thrilled.
So in September, 2000 Hans, Wim and I made the journey to southern France and did indeed visit Carcassonne. So come along with us and hope you enjoy your virtual tour of "LA CITE"

PORTE D'AUDE

From the ramparts, there are beautiful views of the surrounding areas and the lower city. My favourite view is from the PORTE D'AUDE It is possibly the most photographed section of the ramparts.

LA CITE'

When visiting LA CITE', you have the feeling you are stepping back in time -- back to the Medieval Ages.

• Pros:Visiting Carcassonne and La Cite'--a dream come true
  • Last visit to Carcassonne: Sep 2000
  • Intro Updated Jun 12, 2005

• mikelisaanna's Profile Photo
    Nov 30, 2009 at 7:57 PM

Carcassonne is one place in France that I've always wanted to visit. The walls look amazing.

• evaanna's Profile Photo
    Nov 12, 2009 at 10:34 AM

What a fantastic place to visit with the imposing fortifications and lots of other medieval architecture, which looks just lovely. Thanks for the great virtual tour!

• hopang's Profile Photo
    Oct 6, 2009 at 5:17 AM

Carcassonne certainly has wonderful tourist attractions due to its rich history. The Ramparts, Cemetery and the Basilique look interesting to visit, and so is the cathedral at Narbonne. Thanks for the virtual tour. ~ho & pang

• tiabunna's Profile Photo
    Mar 30, 2009 at 3:51 PM

Through your page, I've enjoyed reliving our visit to Carcassonne. It really does look great, no wonder it's been used so often in films.

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Nov 2, 2008 at 1:48 PM

Looks like we have a few things in common, I love cemeteries too. Carcassone is somewhere I would like to visit as well.

• Stephen-KarenConn's Profile Photo
    Aug 3, 2008 at 5:29 PM

The castle looks like a good setting for a fairy tale - and you and Hansi seem to be living one.

• MalenaN's Profile Photo
    May 11, 2008 at 8:28 AM

Carcassonne looks so impressive! It is a place I would love to visit too. Thank you Lori for visiting my Kish page!

• SLLiew's Profile Photo
    Apr 7, 2008 at 3:20 PM

What a beautiful medieval French castle. I recognize it from a French stamp that I have.

• sim1's Profile Photo
    Oct 14, 2007 at 4:13 AM

Aaah, beautiful Carcassonne! I have been dreaming about going here ever since I heard of it as well. That was approx 20 years ago, lol, and I still haven't visited! BUT, I won't give up the dream, I really hope to see it all some day :-))

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Aug 19, 2007 at 5:10 AM

Very impressive fortifications and ramparts.

LoriPori

“Travel Near - Travel Far - The Limit is the Sky”

Badges & Stats in Carcassonne

Have you been to Carcassonne?

Latest Activity in Carcassonne