"PUNTA CANA - DOMINICAN REPUBLIC" Punta Cana by LoriPori
Punta Cana Travel Guide: 427 reviews and 1,024 photos
November 17 to 24, 2008
Covering about 1,100 acres, PUNTA CANA is a region in the south-eastern tip of the Dominican Republic, which occupies two thirds of the Island of Hispaniola and lies in the Caribbean Sea between the islands of Cuba and Puerto Rico. Its western border is shared with Haiti.
Named after a local cape, the region is home to a coastline of beautiful sandy white beaches and borders the Atlantic Ocean to the east. The coastline tends to be mildly windy. I can attest to that, as it was quite windy most of the week we were there.
The Punta Cana La Romana International Airport serves about two million tourists per year. The bus ride from there to our resort was about 35 minutes.
The weather is fairly constant, with an average temperature of 30 degrees Celsius. It was quite hot when we were there, but also very windy and cloudy, with two full days of rain.
Spanish is spoken and the currency is the Dominican Peso (RD) but U.S. dollars are widely accepted.
- Pros:Beautiful Beaches - Wonderful Resort
After the beaches, to me the most important part of an all-inclusive vacation is the food. Grand Paradise Bavaro offered... more travel advice
Grand Paradise Bavaro ACTIVITIES: Kiko's Activities Center - Open from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Tennis Bicycles Table... more travel advice
LoriPori's Related Pages
Punta Cana Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Punta Cana, Dominican Republic"
- "Punta Cana"
- "With friends and husband on a great trip"
- "punta cana"
- "A week in paradise"
- "Souvenirs from the Dominican By Umfufu"
- "Beach Life"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Punta Cana
- Hotels in Punta Cana
- Transportation in Punta Cana
- Nightlife in Punta Cana
- Restaurants in Punta Cana
- Shopping in Punta Cana
- Warnings and Dangers in Punta Cana
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Punta Cana
- 9 Reviews
- 87 Photos
- 3 Forum posts
- 27 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (114)
Have you been to Punta Cana?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Punta Cana
Photos in Punta CanaSee All Photos (87)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Windsor Intro, 111 reviews, 332 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Torremolinos Intro, 82 reviews, 346 photos, 13 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sibiu Intro, 45 reviews, 252 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marbella Intro, 53 reviews, 222 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cascais Intro, 38 reviews, 234 photos, 10 travelogues
- Krakow Intro, 45 reviews, 218 photos, 10 travelogues
- Spain Intro, 55 reviews, 197 photos, 7 travelogues
- Chicago Intro, 42 reviews, 193 photos, 8 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 64 reviews, 159 photos, 5 travelogues
- Bergamo Intro, 34 reviews, 181 photos, 9 travelogues