Havana Shopping Tips by LoriPori
Havana Shopping: 32 reviews and 36 photos
Entrance to Romeo Y Julieta
One of the stops on our tour was to a cigar store ROMEO Y JULIETA. After most of us piled into the small store it got pretty crowded. They did quite a nice business from our group as some bought boxes of cigars and some bought many bottles of Havana Rum.
Romeo Y Julieta is a premium brand of cigar and is produced on the island of Cuba for Habanos SA, the Cuban state-owned tobacco company. The brand is exceptionally popular around the world. Sir Winston Churchill was perhaps its most famous devotee.
Open 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday - Friday
What to buy: Premium brand cigars and Havana rum
Address: Padre Varela 852 Havana
An outdoor arts and crafts market FERIA DE LOS ARTESANOS is located close to the Plaza de la Catedral. After we had lunch, our tour guide gave us about an hour of free time, so many of us snooped at the market.
Some beautiful original paintings depicting Havana images and old American cars, were on display here, for a very reasonable price - from small paintings which is easy to bring home to some very large ones.
Also some beautifully made cigar boxes could be bought here as well as the popular Che Guevara t-shirts.
What to pay: Don't always pay what they first ask for. Haggle for a better price
Directions: Near the Cathedral Square
Theme: Local Craft
More Reviews (26)
LoriPori's Related Pages
Havana Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Welcome to HAVANA !!!! ;)"
- "Habana - La ciudad de las columnas"
- "Felt like going back in time..."
- "Balcon al Caribe"
- "The faded beauty of Havana"
- "CITY OF MY LIFE"
- "LA HABANA VIEJA"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Havana
- Hotels in Havana
- Transportation in Havana
- Nightlife in Havana
- Restaurants in Havana
- Shopping in Havana
- Warnings and Dangers in Havana
- See All...
Explore the World
- San Nicolas Hotels
- Moena Hotels
- Nugegoda Hotels
- Santa Clarita Hotels
- Cerveny Klastor
Badges & Stats in Havana
- 28 Reviews
- 133 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 31 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (112)
Have you been to Havana?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Havana
Photos in HavanaSee All Photos (133)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Windsor Intro, 111 reviews, 332 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Torremolinos Intro, 81 reviews, 336 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sibiu Intro, 45 reviews, 252 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marbella Intro, 53 reviews, 222 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cascais Intro, 38 reviews, 234 photos, 10 travelogues
- Krakow Intro, 45 reviews, 218 photos, 10 travelogues
- Spain Intro, 54 reviews, 192 photos, 7 travelogues
- Chicago Intro, 42 reviews, 193 photos, 8 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 64 reviews, 159 photos, 5 travelogues
- Bergamo Intro, 34 reviews, 181 photos, 9 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (122)
Latest Havana hotel reviews
- Hotel Horizontes Tropicoco
- 210 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 3, 2013
- Aparthotel Montehabana
- 48 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Aug 24, 2013
- Occidental Miramar
- 196 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 11, 2013
- La Casa de Ana
- 375 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 27, 2013
- Hotetur Deauville
- 142 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 20, 2013
- Villa Jibacoa Loma
- 428 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 2, 2013
- Ambos Mundos Hotel
- 7 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 17, 2006
- 45 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 2, 2013
- Hotel Habana Riviera
- 78 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 30, 2013
- Armadores de Santander
- 60 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 15, 2013
- Hostal Conde De Villanueva
- 61 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 15, 2013
- Daisy Castro Perez
- 1 Review & Opinion
- Gran Caribe Club Atlantico
- 118 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 17, 2013
- Playas de Este - The Beaches- 12 Reviews, 27 Photos
- Habana Vieja - Old Havana- 42 Reviews, 68 Photos
- The Malecon- 34 Reviews, 57 Photos
- Cigar Factories- 15 Reviews, 19 Photos
- Plaza de la Revolution- 36 Reviews, 66 Photos
- El Capitolio- 39 Reviews, 60 Photos
- Castillo el Morro- 17 Reviews, 37 Photos
- Plaza de la Catedral - Cathedral Square- 13 Reviews, 33 Photos
- Museo de la Revolution - Revolution Museum- 21 Reviews, 49 Photos
- Catedral de San Cristobal- 21 Reviews, 38 Photos
See All Havana Things to Do