"LOVELY VARADERO CUBA" Top 5 Page for this destination Varadero by LoriPori

Varadero Travel Guide: 447 reviews and 895 photos

VARADERO

Sunday, November 11 to Sunday 18, 2007

Varadero began to be developed as a vacation Resort in the 1940's, but in the last ten years, its network of hotels and facilities have diversified and grown. Its main attraction has always been its marvelous beaches and has exceptionally good conditions for scuba diving, deep-sea fishing, yachting and other water sports.
VARADERO is part of a peninsula that juts out into the calm waters of the Atlantic. It's a 21 kilometre strip of fine white sand and is constantly cooled by tropical breezes. Average year-round water temperature is 24 - 26 degrees C.

Tuesday December 7 to Tuesday 14, 2010
Hans and I again spent a week in Varadero, staying this time at the brand new RIU Varadero.

• Last visit to Varadero: Dec 2010
  • Intro Updated Dec 17, 2010

• starship's Profile Photo
    Feb 22, 2011 at 7:34 AM

Just love this page Lori! I really want to visit Cuba, though we are not generally allowed. Great resort, sightseeing, shopping tips & photos--very interesting about the currency!

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Aug 3, 2010 at 4:21 AM

What a wonderful resort in Cuba! Great experience! ><><><

• breughel's Profile Photo
    Jan 9, 2010 at 12:45 AM

Frost and snow in most of Europe while "they" had promised global warming! It's good to travel virtually with you and Hans to warm islands.

• richiecdisc's Profile Photo
    Aug 28, 2009 at 4:48 PM

Love the shopping tip photo, Lori and the food sounds wonderful. I lived in Key West for a bit and though only 90 miles away, we were "allowed" to go. Maybe now with it more open, we will.

• BruceDunning's Profile Photo
    Jun 11, 2009 at 3:53 PM

NOw that the US is gearing up for visits, I thought I would look into the culture. Thanks for the comments and pictures.

• Yaqui's Profile Photo
    May 10, 2009 at 10:49 AM

Wow, those Coco Taxi's are a hoot! The HAVANA HISTORY DAY TOUR looks fun. I enjoy the tours, you learn so much from them. Its nice to trace your steps back and end finding more. Wonderful Page!

• Trekki's Profile Photo
    May 10, 2009 at 9:35 AM

What a loverly resort you stayed at on Cuba :-)) Oh sandy beaches... I could have that too :-) And I get even more hungry, lol :-))

• jumpingnorman's Profile Photo
    Apr 8, 2009 at 7:32 PM

wonderful place/resort you stayed at! Makes me want to swim in the pool, and the Coco taxi looks funny, hehehe...Sometimes I wish I'm Canadian so I can buy stuff in Cuba! Norman :)

• lynnehamman's Profile Photo
    Mar 4, 2009 at 9:42 PM

Hi Lori- lovely page here on Varadero. Cuba iinterest me greatly for its interesting history. Including the tour list is a good idea. Those coco- cabs are the cutest things! Like tuk-tuks in India, just cuter.

• yumyum's Profile Photo
    Dec 18, 2008 at 10:19 AM

The Coco taxis look like fun. The beach resorts look very appealing indeed just now considering the weather here. Very good tip on the local currency.

LoriPori

“Travel Near - Travel Far - The Limit is the Sky”

Badges & Stats in Varadero

Have you been to Varadero?

Latest Activity in Varadero