Makati Hotel Tips by LoriPori Top 5 Page for this destination
Makati Hotels: 14,123 reviews and 116 photos
Prince Plaza II Condotel
January 5 to 13 & January 19, 2012
We chose the PRINCE PLAZA II CONDOTEL because of its excellent location in the Greenbelt Area and because it is a condo, our room had a fridge.
The rooms though are in dire need of renovations. We stayed 8 nights and then again one night after our week in Boracay.
We booked through booking.com and paid $48.00 US per night plus 12% VAT + 10% service charges and + .75% city tax for a total of $59.04 US. They used the exchange rate of .44 or 2,596 Philippine Pesos.
Unique Qualities: Our room contained a fridge, one-burner stove, microwave oven, some dishes, a table with four chairs, one double bed, two-piece bathroom with shower, TV, computer desk.
In-room breakfast was included in the price and our usual order was pancakes, one egg, two-pieces of bacon, juice or coffee.
As I mentioned, the location was absolutely perfect for us - a five minute walk to the Ayala Museum and the Greenbelt Area, which is full of shops and restaurants.
I do have some complaints about the Hotel though, and I am not a picky person. I was not impressed with the front desk staff. They were not always friendly and courteous. The last night of our stay, we did not have any bath towels in our room, so I called front desk and requested some (4:00 p.m.). I asked again in person, before we went out for dinner (5:30 p.m.). When by 8:30 p.m. we still did not have any towels, I went down again to the front desk and complained. Finally got my towels - geesh!
The elevators would often close on you before you had a chance to get out - sensors were not working properly.
We wanted to store one piece of luggage there, as we were going to Boracay for six days and did not want to bring two big suitcases with us. (keep in mind we booked 9 nights here). They charged us 300 Pesos (about $7.00 US) for storage. Also when we checked in they wanted 1000 pesos cash for a deposit.
Internet service is available at 120 pesos for an hour and it was a very weak signal.
Air conditioner in our room was very noisy and didn't work properly.
Address: 101 Dela Rosa St. Legaspi Village, Makati City
Price Comparison: more expensive than average
Directions: Very close to the Ayala Museum
More Reviews (19)
LoriPori's Related Pages
Makati Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Makati CBD, My Urban Refuge"
- "Buzzin' 7 days a week"
- "MAKATI CITY"
- "Makati City: From Swamp To Swanky Metropolis"
- "Mabuhay, Welcome to Makati City!"
- "Central Business District"
- "Makati is Home"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Makati
- Hotels in Makati
- Transportation in Makati
- Nightlife in Makati
- Restaurants in Makati
- Shopping in Makati
- Warnings and Dangers in Makati
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Makati
- 20 Reviews
- 118 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (132)
Have you been to Makati?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Makati
Read real reviews about Makati Hotels!
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Torremolinos Intro, 84 reviews, 369 photos, 15 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Windsor Intro, 113 reviews, 338 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sibiu Intro, 45 reviews, 252 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marbella Intro, 53 reviews, 222 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cascais Intro, 38 reviews, 234 photos, 10 travelogues
- Krakow Intro, 45 reviews, 218 photos, 10 travelogues
- Tallinn Intro, 39 reviews, 223 photos, 10 travelogues
- Spain Intro, 55 reviews, 198 photos, 7 travelogues
- Riga Intro, 41 reviews, 212 photos, 10 travelogues
- Chicago Intro, 42 reviews, 193 photos, 8 travelogues