"MAKATI CITY" Top 5 Page for this destination Makati by LoriPori

Makati Travel Guide: 547 reviews and 2,181 photos

MAKATI

One of 17 cities that make up Metro Manila, MAKATI is one of the most densely populated areas in the world, ranked 44th with almost 20,000 inhabitants per square kilometer.
Makati is also the site of a VT Dinner Thursday night at Barbara's in Intramuros, to kick off the "Boracay2012" Meeting.

GREENBELT PARK

One of my favourite things to do, was to go for a walk through GREENBELT PARK. It was such a wonderful green oasis among the hustle and bustle of a very busy city. And it was only a few minutes walk from our condotel. There were many benches to sit on and take in the beauty of the gardens, waterfalls and ponds. Swans could be seen gracing the ponds and colorful exotic fish could be seen swimming in the ponds.
Greenbelt also contains a lovely chapel dedicated to Sto. Nino de Paz. The Catholic denomination chapel is set amidst the beautiful gardens of GreenBelt Park.

INTRAMUROS - FORT SANTIAGO

Thursday, January 12. 2012
Located in the northern part of the Walled City FORT SANTIAGO is one of the oldest Hispanic stone fortresses in the Philippines. The Spaniards, under the term of Governor General Gomez Perez Dasmarinas, fortified what was originally stone structures.
"Baluarte de Santa Barbara" was built in the 16th century It offers great views of the River Pasig.
It was interesting to see the same Spanish sentry stations that I saw at the fortresses in Spain.
We had some fun posing inside the concrete stations.

• Pros:Great area to explore
  • Cons:Too much traffic congestion
  • Last visit to Makati: Jan 2012
  • Intro Updated Feb 12, 2012

• Tugboatguy's Profile Photo
    Dec 21, 2012 at 2:28 PM

Hi Lori,

Fine Makati tips to update me. I lived there 1978-79 on Oliman St. and lost my heart there. So much has changed.

Dec 22, 2012 at 3:36 AM

Hans and I really enjoyed our time in the Philippines. The local VT members were so helpful and kind to us.

Dec 20, 2012 at 3:03 AM

That was one fun VT Get-together. Our Philippine hosts were so sweet and made our time there very enjoyable.

• wise23girl's Profile Photo
    Dec 19, 2012 at 11:27 AM

Wow ...VT must love that lead photo....enjoyed your writings. Merry Christmas.

• GentleSpirit's Profile Photo
    Oct 16, 2012 at 4:40 AM

Hi Lori, i went through this quite slowly. You see I lived in Manila many moons ago, was looking for things i would recognize. Were you sitting in horror when the dancers asked for volunteers to do that dance with the bamboo (tinikling)!

Oct 17, 2012 at 4:06 AM

Yeah, thank god I was sitting at the back of the restaurant. hehe! But, of course Hansi volunteered and he did a pretty good job.

• GentleSpirit's Profile Photo
      Oct 17, 2012 at 4:51 AM

I always get picked.

• Waalewiener's Profile Photo
    Feb 4, 2012 at 7:25 PM

Great Makati page Lori we did somuch eh and the food we ate omg that was a great time we had you made a great page with lots of info

• MalenaN's Profile Photo
    Feb 4, 2012 at 10:10 AM

The Greenbelt Park sounds to be a lovely oasis in the city. Looks like you had another great VT-meet in Makati!

• starship's Profile Photo
    Feb 3, 2012 at 9:20 AM

Lori, this is really a terrific page! Great photos! I appreciated your honest reviews of your condotel, restaurants, etc. It sure seems as if you had a great time. Thanks for signing the postcard which DAO sent me from the meet!

• cachaseiro's Profile Photo
    Jan 31, 2012 at 3:07 PM

Great reviews you put up there Lori.

• wise23girl's Profile Photo
    Jan 30, 2012 at 1:53 PM

Food looks yummy Lori
    Marg

LoriPori

“Travel Near - Travel Far - The Limit is the Sky”

Badges & Stats in Makati