"MAKATI CITY" Top 5 Page for this destination Makati by LoriPori
Makati Travel Guide: 598 reviews and 2,272 photos
One of 17 cities that make up Metro Manila, MAKATI is one of the most densely populated areas in the world, ranked 44th with almost 20,000 inhabitants per square kilometer.
Makati is also the site of a VT Dinner Thursday night at Barbara's in Intramuros, to kick off the "Boracay2012" Meeting.
One of my favourite things to do, was to go for a walk through GREENBELT PARK. It was such a wonderful green oasis among the hustle and bustle of a very busy city. And it was only a few minutes walk from our condotel. There were many benches to sit on and take in the beauty of the gardens, waterfalls and ponds. Swans could be seen gracing the ponds and colorful exotic fish could be seen swimming in the ponds.
Greenbelt also contains a lovely chapel dedicated to Sto. Nino de Paz. The Catholic denomination chapel is set amidst the beautiful gardens of GreenBelt Park.
Thursday, January 12. 2012
Located in the northern part of the Walled City FORT SANTIAGO is one of the oldest Hispanic stone fortresses in the Philippines. The Spaniards, under the term of Governor General Gomez Perez Dasmarinas, fortified what was originally stone structures.
"Baluarte de Santa Barbara" was built in the 16th century It offers great views of the River Pasig.
It was interesting to see the same Spanish sentry stations that I saw at the fortresses in Spain.
We had some fun posing inside the concrete stations.
- Pros:Great area to explore
- Cons:Too much traffic congestion
One of my favourite things to do, was to go for a walk through GREENBELT PARK. It was such a wonderful green oasis among... more travel advice
Located in the central business district of Makati in metro Manila, the AYALA CENTER is a commercial complex comprising... more travel advice
LoriPori's Related Pages
Makati Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Makati CBD, My Urban Refuge"
- "Buzzin' 7 days a week"
- "MAKATI CITY"
- "Makati City: From Swamp To Swanky Metropolis"
- "Mabuhay, Welcome to Makati City!"
- "Central Business District"
- "Makati is Home"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Makati
- Hotels in Makati
- Transportation in Makati
- Nightlife in Makati
- Restaurants in Makati
- Shopping in Makati
- Warnings and Dangers in Makati
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Makati
- 20 Reviews
- 118 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (131)
Have you been to Makati?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Makati
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Torremolinos Intro, 84 reviews, 369 photos, 15 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Windsor Intro, 112 reviews, 334 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sibiu Intro, 45 reviews, 252 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marbella Intro, 53 reviews, 222 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cascais Intro, 38 reviews, 234 photos, 10 travelogues
- Krakow Intro, 45 reviews, 218 photos, 10 travelogues
- Tallinn Intro, 39 reviews, 223 photos, 10 travelogues
- Spain Intro, 55 reviews, 198 photos, 7 travelogues
- Riga Intro, 41 reviews, 212 photos, 10 travelogues
- Chicago Intro, 42 reviews, 193 photos, 8 travelogues