"LORIPORI'S STORY" LoriPori's Profile

LOVE TO TRAVEL - WHERE TO NEXT!

Main Photo: Autumn Leaves
Latest pages:
October, 2014 - Myrtle Beach S.C. (7 tips - 1 travelogue) : Charleston S.C. (9 tips - 2 travelogues): Savannah, Georgia ( 15 tips - 2 travelogues)
May, 2014 - Riga, Latvia (40 tips - 10 travelogues)
May, 2014 - Tallinn, Estonia (39 tips - 10- travelogues)
September, 2013 - South Haven, Michigan (11 tips - 2 travelogues)
Saugatuck / Douglas, Michigan (8 tips - 3 travelogues)
June 2013 - Alba Iulia (12) Cisnadie (1), Sibiel (2) & Sibiu (42) Romania
New York City, New York (17 tips - 8 travelogues)
September 2012 ROAD TRIP - Bennington Vermont (5), Ellsworth Maine (6),Baddeck (5), Lunenburg (8) , Mahone Bay (5), Peggy's Cove (9), Cape Breton Island (11), Cheticamp (4) - Nova Scotia (24).
June, 2012 - Bergamo (New 31 tips) - Varenna (New 3 Tips) - Bellagio (New 6 Tips).
January 2012 - Boracay, Corregidor, Kalibo and Makati Philippines.

<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:

VIDEOS

I have just created my first "VT Video" and it's about Rothenburg. Actually it's a slide show with music, using all my favourite Rothenburg pics. Enjoy!!
My second video / slide show with music is about our Sailing Adventure in Greece in 2007. That sure was an awesome trip of a lifetime. My third video (courtesy of Hansi - Waalewiener) is of "Clerical Error" performing at the Rushbearing Festival in Sowerby Bridge UK.
My fourth video (courtesy of Hansi ) is of South American Indians performing in the Square in York UK. My fifth video is also a slide show with background music from Enya, using all my favorite York pics. Enjoy!
My sixth video is of the Flamenco Show at our Hotel Bajondillo in Torremolinos Spain.
Number 7 is titled "VT KAOS IN KRAKOW" (courtesy of Hansi) and it shows Matt taking numerous group photos in front of the Barbakan in Krakow.
Number 8 also courtesy of Hansi, is a video of our Saturday Evening Dinner Meet with the Polish Dance Group. You'll be tapping your toes.
Number 9 is the VT tour of The Salt mine when unexpectedly a German Group started playing music and some of our Group danced right along with them.
Number 10 is our vacation at the RIU in Varadero Cuba December 2010 - 4:40 Minutes.
Number 11 is of St Jovan Kaneo Church in Ohrid Macedonia with traditional Macedonian music in the background - June 2011 - 4:34 minutes.
Number 12 is of a rug-hooking demonstration in Cheticamp, Cape Breton Island NS - September 2012.

<>: <>:<>:<>:>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:

I was born and raised in Windsor, Ontario Canada. I had two wonderful parents , a younger sister and a younger brother. My family didn't travel much but we did go camping a lot. My first airplane trip was to California when I was 18. My love for travel had begun. The year after that I had the opportunity to go to Europe as a student. It was an organized tour to London, Paris and Innsbruck. I had such a wonderful experience that I had to do it again the following year. This time it was to London, Paris and then to Venice where we started our one week Mediterranean cruise. We stopped in Rhodes, Athens, Istanbul, Dubrovnik and Beirut. It really opened up my young eyes to all the beauty and versatility in this wonderful world of ours.

May 19 to June 9, 2007
After 38 years, I will once again return to Athens, Greece. I was just a student when I had the opportunity to visit the Parthenon. At that time you could still go inside the columns. I was told you can't do that anymore. I think I will view the ruins with a different perspective this time. When you are young, you do not have an appreciation for what you are seeing, at least I didn't. And this time I will see it together with my Hansi. We will also be attending Euromeet2007 on the beautiful island of Santorini.

I have started my new Greece pages and have now completed the following: Mycenae, Nafplio, Sounio, Kea, Serifos, Nisos Sifnos, Ios, Santorini, Oia, Delphi, Athens and Greece

<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:

All Photos on my Pages are my own unless otherwise stated.

<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:

I MEET THE LOVE OF MY LIFE

In September 1970 I signed up for the Singles Bowling League. I thought it would be a cool place to meet guys. There was this one very odd fellow. He would show up bowling in striped yellow pants and a blue polka-dot shirt and a scotty cap on his head. He had this funny foreign accent. I found out he was from Holland and his name was Hans (VT Member Waalewiener). At our Christmas banquet he saw me for the first time not wearing baggy jeans but a low-cut purple polka-dot mini dress. He gathered up his courage and asked me out for a date. We dated and traveled together to a few places like Niagara Falls in May 1971 and Ottawa in July 1971. In September 1971 in Holland Michigan , in front of a windmill, Hans asked "Will you marry me?" Of course I said "YES"

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

WEDDING BELLS

On December 18, 1971, Hans and I were married in Windsor, Ontario. It was a beautiful wedding. Our reception at the Madrid was fantastic. Family and all of our bowling friends were there. For our honeymoon we went to Holland and I got to meet Hans' family and friends.

This year Hans and I will celebrate 43 years of marriage on December 18, 2014 To celebrate, we will go somewhere special in December, probably an all-inclusive resort which we like.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

OUR CHILDREN -- OUR PRIDE & JOY

We are blessed with two wonderful children. Nicole our daughter and Brian our son. We are truly fortunate that both of our children live very close to us.

MY FAVOURITE THINGS I LOVE

I love sitting by a bonfire and watch the flames dance as the Stars come out
I love Springtime
I love when the Magnolia trees blossom
I love the soothing sound of Robins chirping
I love when Canada Geese are going over my house, flying in a "V" formation and honking away as they head for the lake - truly awesome!
I love new fallen snow
I love walks along the beach collecting shells
I love doing crossword puzzles
I love reading J.D. Robb Murder Mystery Books
I love the Windmills in Holland
I love to travel
I love taking photographs
I love the Beatles - Enya - Celine Dion - Sarah McLaughlin
I love pralines & cream ice cream
I love Belgian Frites
I love Chinese Food
I love my kitty Gizmo
I love our daughter Nicole
I love our son Brian
I love my Hansi

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

IN LOVING MEMORY

In Loving Memory of my beautiful Mother, Ange-Aimee--May 29, 1923 to June 29, 1993, my dear sweet Sister Charmaine--August 3, 1952 to May 9, 1994 and my Father, Leo -- October 3, 1919 to May 22, 1988.

They say time heals the heart-ache
Well --
I'm still waiting!

As a dedication to My Mom, Dad and sister and other close friends and family who have passed on, I want to quote from Cat Stevens song "Oh Very Young"

Oh very young
What will you leave us this time
You're only dancing on this earth
for a short while
And though your dreams may toss
and turn you now
They will vanish away
like your daddy's best jeans
Denim blue fading up to the sky
And though you want him to last
Forever, you know he never will
You know he never will.

43 Wedding Anniversary
Playa del Carmen, Mexico
Riu Tequila

FAVOURITE PAGES

September, 2012 - "Home Sweet Home"
After 6,417 Kilometers or approximately 4.000 miles, we have returned home from our East Coast U.S. and Canada Road Trip. We drove through three Canadian provinces - Ontario, New Brunswick and Nova Scotia - four U.S. states - New York State, Vermont, New Hampshire and Maine. We were gone 15 days, slept in 14 motels/Inns and saw tons of wonderful places.

Our trip to Greece and the Santorini VTEuromeet 2007 was a wonderful experience. In the three weeks we were there, we managed to see quite a bit - Athens & the Acropolis, Delphi, Mycenae, Nafplion and the highlight, a six day sailboat cruise to five Greek Isles, ending in Santorini. Come along with Hans and I and we'll take you on a virtual tour of Greece and Santorini.

Without a doubt Prague is one of our all-time favourite cities. Hans and I really enjoyed our time there - so much to see and do. I put a lot of time and effort to show how wonderful and beautiful this city really is. Enjoy!!PRAGUE

I did a small page on Toronto. We attended a large and wonderful VT meeting there. TORONTO

Perhaps the most historic town in Ontario Niagara-on-the-Lake has a number of historic sites, award-winning wineries, first-class hotels and B & B 's, superb restaurants and shops. Just a short drive north of Niagara Falls, this is a wonderful place to visit.NIAGARA -ON -THE-LAKE

I get many enquiries from folks vacationing in Spain, about taking a side trip to TANGIER. I thought it would be helpful to create a Tangier page highlighting our day trip there and to tell of our experience.
TANGIER

Hans and I had a wonderful time in Chicago. I have created two travelogues - one in Hammond HAMMOND and one in Chicago CHICAGO

One of my very favourite pages is of course my hometown page of Windsor. I am very proud to live here and hope you will be able to visit our fair city some day. WINDSOR

Point Pelee is the most southern tip in Canada and we are fortunate to live only a short drive away. I have put together a very informative page on this fascinating destination visited by thousands every year. POINT PELEE

Hans and I spent two glorious weeks in Cancun, Mexico in January 2005. With its tropical beaches, ancient ruins and modern resorts this area is simply the perfect vacation destination. CANCUN

While in Cancun, Hans and I toured CHICHEN-ITZA the location of ancient Mayan ruins. The Kukulcan Pyramid rising 30 metres from the earth is by far the most impressive structure of the Chichen-Itza ruins. RUINAS CHICHEN-ITZA

In 1986 our family went on a European Vacation. I wanted to document this trip for nostalgia purposes. Here's the link to my"EUROPE" page. Enjoy!

EUROPE TRIP

<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:

VALUE OF ANIMALS

Pictured here is my little Kitty Gizmo. She came to us almost nine years ago, November, 2005. She is a sweet and very loving animal. She was one of a litter of kittens abandoned and left to fend for themselves. My son rescued Gizmo, the lucky one, as I do not know the fate of the others.
What a shame and tragedy it is when I read of animal abandonments. Because of irresponsible people and because of neglect and indifference, helpless animals, who can't speak or defend themselves are left to feel the cold, hunger, pain and fear.
They can't cry as we do, but their cries mean exactly the same thing - they hurt. They depend on us and it is morally our duty to care about their well-being and have a commitment to kindness, compassion, protection and value of our animals. They do not deserve to be cast aside when people grow weary of their commitment - a commitment that should be taken seriously.
It is our obligation to recognize our connection to all living things and to do the right thing - neuter and spay our pets. Last year - 2011, our Humane Society of Windsor took in 7,463 cats , and euthanized 5,967 cats and kittens. It's just criminal and so sad!

Update January 2013 - a new program has been in effect in Windsor. Feral cats are being captured, spayed/neutered, shots, vet-checked and then released back to the community where they came from. The "Cat Man" visits different cat communities spread around the city and makes sure they have food and shelter. He is supported by caring individuals who donate food/money. This program has led to a lot less cats ending up at the Humane Society. It's a start.

• Intro Updated Nov 15, 2014

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
LoriPori's Profile Photo

LoriPori

“Travel Near - Travel Far - The Limit is the Sky”

Real Name