"Saltspring Island" Saltspring Island by Albernfrau
Saltspring Island Travel Guide: 28 reviews and 65 photos
This Gulf Island is the most well known and the most inhabited of them all. 10,500 people call Saltspring home. They share an island that is 180 square kilometres (70 square miles). Many of these residents are artists, including painters, sculptors and weavers. There are countless galleries to visit with a self-drive map that can be picked up at the local Chamber of Commerce. This is an artist's and/or art lover's paradise.
This island is also popular for other reasons. This Island probably the most popular because it offers an escape from mainland chaos but still provides all the services one needs. There is always something to "do" hear unlike some of the other Gulf Islands. Others come to Saltspring for health and wellness reasons as there are numerous services including massage, yoga, alternative health, etc.
The landscape is varied and includes farmland, mountains, beaches, etc. There are numerous beaches and lakes so lots of opportunities for swimming, kayaking, canoeing, hiking, relaxing. In the evening you can enjoy a local meal at one of the many restaurants and then enjoy local musicians playing at venues around town or catch a movie at the local theatre. When it is time to sleep rest your head at any of the numerous accommodation choices, including b&bs, cabins, inns, and campgrounds.
Please note that there is a price to pay for having everything on one Gulf Island and that is that Saltspring is the most expensive Gulf Island.
For more info check out http://www.saltspringtoday.com/
- Pros:Lots to do; beautiful landscape; just plain fun!
- Cons:Few beaches; expensive
There are beautiful heritage churches thoughout the Island. Have a look at my photos. more travel advice
Albernfrau's Related Pages
Saltspring Island Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Amazing nature and alternative lifestyles."
- "This Island Rocks!!!"
- "A Honeymooner's Paradise"
- "Rural country bliss on Salt Spring Island"
- "Saltspring Island"
- "Salt Spring Island"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Saltspring Island
- Hotels in Saltspring Island
- Transportation in Saltspring Island
- Restaurants in Saltspring Island
- Shopping in Saltspring Island
- Warnings and Dangers in Saltspring Island
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Saltspring Island
- 5 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Saltspring Island?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Saltspring Island
Photos in Saltspring IslandSee All Photos (12)
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 45 reviews, 116 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maui Intro, 53 reviews, 99 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Leavenworth Intro, 45 reviews, 85 photos, 1 travelogue
- Guatemala Intro, 28 reviews, 63 photos, 2 travelogues
- Ladysmith Intro, 51 reviews, 36 photos, 1 travelogue
- Victoria Intro, 25 reviews, 48 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Whistler Intro, 18 reviews, 33 photos
- Granada Intro, 18 reviews, 30 photos, 1 travelogue
- Hornby Island Intro, 12 reviews, 29 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vancouver Island Intro, 20 reviews, 15 photos