"Bavarian Town of Leavenworth" Top 5 Page for this destination Leavenworth by Albernfrau

Leavenworth Travel Guide: 136 reviews and 363 photos

We had planned on visiting Leavenworth for the past two years we finally made it this summer when we completed the Cascade Loop. We spent 2 days in Leavenworth and enjoyed every minute of it.

Leavenworth is truly a quaint Bavarian Village. Bavarian charm abounds -- flower box windows, men and women dancing in traditional Bavarian garb, a nutcracker museum, and stores filled with German gifts. What was most surprising is how every building/business in the entire town has made sure to give their signs and exteriors the Bavarian touch, even Subway and Starbucks!

We would love to return in the winter time to enjoy the village decorated in Christmas lights and perhaps go for a sleigh ride and do some snowshoeing!

• Pros:Bavarian charm in every detail
  • Cons:A little too touristy; busy
  • Last visit to Leavenworth: Jul 2006
  • Intro Updated Jul 23, 2006

• dlandt's Profile Photo
    Aug 1, 2011 at 1:26 PM

If you ever do go back to leavenworth you were right about King Ludwig's. Great food, haxen slow-cooking right in the window and a lot of good beer and sides. Noticed you liked my wife's favorite bakery too. the guy who owns it is a fully certified Meiste

• glabah's Profile Photo
    Oct 28, 2009 at 1:31 PM

Ran across your Leavenworth tips while trying to find Peshastin Pinnacles on VT. Next time I visit Leavenworth, I'll have to explore your material more thoroughly!

• topoftheworl's Profile Photo
    Aug 8, 2006 at 12:28 AM

Next time, am gonna hang on to my pics of McD's in Austria and Bavaria. I gave them out to people who didn't believe US franchises could look like that!

Albernfrau

“One cannot ever see enough of this beautiful world!”

Badges & Stats in Leavenworth

Have you been to Leavenworth?

Latest Activity in Leavenworth