Ho Chi Minh City Shopping Tips by JonnyVN Top 5 Page for this destination
Ho Chi Minh City Shopping: 207 reviews and 340 photos
Shop selling propaganda stuff, reproduction posters, t-shirts, medals, Uncle Ho busts and a great book of the collection.
Address: 43 Ton That Thiep st, Ben Nghe ward, Dist.1
Directions: Other locations
294 Dong Khoi, District 1
175 De Tham,District 1
Being a dedicated Mac user for as long as computers could do anything useful, this shop is essential for my sanity. Hardware prices can't compare to Thailand or Singapore, but they are good at diagnostics, repair and maintanence, or if your like me and must have the latest mac whatever the price.
Address: 98 Nguyen Cong Tru, District 1
Phone: 821 8936
Theme: Computers and Electronics
Great food shop in district 1, some gourmet treats like coffee, marmite (and vegimite if you must), biscuits etc. Plus, and most importantly, a great range of imported bottled beer and wines.
Address: 16-18 Hai Ba Trung, district 1
Theme: Food and Drink
Locally hand-made guitars from as little as US$28, although have been told that the ones at $60 sound a little better. Also sells string etc for any traveling musso that twanged to hard. Also sell mandolins for about 3 million dong.
Address: 109 Nguyen Thien Thuat, District 3
This is not really a shop and probably be put in warnings section. Simple piece of advice: there are no geniune war period Zippos on sale in Vietnam any more, anything that you might be (and probably will be) offered by street vendors and shops will be fake, it might look like the real thing, as some clever boys have taken to buying real Zippos, engraving and burying them in the ground for a month or so.
Just got this from the chief rep of Zippo Vietnam.
More Reviews (58)
- See All Sleek
- See All New Location
- See All Money
- See All Ice and water
JonnyVN's Related Pages
Ho Chi Minh City Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Saigon Saigon !"
- "IMPREXXION: HO CHI MINH CITY"
- "Former Saigon"
- "Ho Chi Minh City 29/3/08 - 3/4/08"
- "Ho Chin Minh City, the new Saigon"
- "Lost in Saigon!?"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ho Chi Minh City
- Hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
- Transportation in Ho Chi Minh City
- Nightlife in Ho Chi Minh City
- Restaurants in Ho Chi Minh City
- Shopping in Ho Chi Minh City
- Warnings and Dangers in Ho Chi Minh City
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ho Chi Minh City
- 63 Reviews
- 26 Photos
- 488 Forum posts
- 19 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Ho Chi Minh City?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ho Chi Minh City
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ho Chi Minh City Intro, 63 reviews, 26 photos
- Hanoi Intro, 12 reviews, 5 photos
- Phan Thiet Intro, 7 reviews, 9 photos
- Phnom Penh Intro, 7 reviews, 6 photos
- Mai Chau Intro, 1 review, 6 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 3 reviews, 2 photos
- Cambodia Intro, 1 review, 3 photos
- Singapore Intro, 3 photos
- Cardiff Intro, 3 photos
- Vietnam Intro, 2 reviews
FriendsSee All Friends (13)
- Out of Saigon - Cu Chi Tunnels- 109 Reviews, 240 Photos
- Ben Thanh Market- 81 Reviews, 152 Photos
- War Remnants Museum- 104 Reviews, 221 Photos
- Mekong Delta- 77 Reviews, 175 Photos
- Notre Dame Cathedral- 79 Reviews, 166 Photos
- Reunification Palace- 79 Reviews, 187 Photos
- Post Office- 66 Reviews, 149 Photos
- Chinatown- 33 Reviews, 40 Photos
- Massages- 10 Reviews, 13 Photos
- City Hall- 41 Reviews, 76 Photos
See All Ho Chi Minh City Things to Do