"Back again" Phnom Penh by JonnyVN

Phnom Penh Travel Guide: 1,500 reviews and 3,942 photos

Eye opener

Seem to be going to PP alot these days, business mainly. Just come back from a trip with the wife, which was an eye opener for her, even if she did have to pretend to be Chinese (well she is half chinese). Found out the Russian market is a bit of a waste of time as most of the stuff there is either from Thailand or Vietnam.
Of course to Hanh to the firing range, mainly to get a shot of her firing a gun almost as big as her.
One thing that does stand out there is the quality of the food, PP has such a selection of great restaurants of just about every nationality.

S21

Tuol Sleng is a must, the traumatic history here is even more disturbing for me as I have a few Vietnamese friends who were there on liberation in 1979.

Killing Fields

Not much to see but again this is a place that should be on the "I've been there" list, made more interesting by the recounts of our Tuk Tuk driver who's Uncle died there.

• Intro Updated May 5, 2007

• DennyP's Profile Photo
    Feb 26, 2009 at 1:40 AM

Thanks for sharing informative tips and info...will be up here shortly and every bit of info is helpful....I beleive a visit to Tuol Sleng to be a "must do" while there..Thanx again John..

• iwys's Profile Photo
    Nov 19, 2007 at 3:19 AM

A visit to Tuol Sleng is traumatic. I'll never forget those walls covered with photos of the victims. If they'd just shot them, it wouldn't have been so bad. But, the way they documented everything and tortured the prisoners is really sickening.

• ellielou's Profile Photo
    Jun 10, 2007 at 10:10 AM

I'd be scared too...she looks like a natural holding that rifle! I will, no doubt, also be in HCMC---getting to be a well worn route for me--so let's be sure to meet up in one country or the other!

• nixca316's Profile Photo
    Mar 27, 2007 at 6:48 AM

I like the way you take pictures...take care! =)

JonnyVN

“Be nice”

Badges & Stats in Phnom Penh

Have you been to Phnom Penh?

Latest Activity in Phnom Penh