"Norway in Winter" Norway by edgarhee
Norway Travel Guide: 10,658 reviews and 30,169 photos
The Oslo Marka is a T-bane (subway) ride away from central Oslo. Grab your skis, walk to the T-bane station from your hotel (or bus from the Hostel) and head for the Oslo Marka (hills).
Check the Oslo ski club website for more information:
Knowing some Norwegian words helps but most city Norwegians speak English.
Joint the DNT (Norwegian touring club) and ski tour the Jotunheim (Home of the Giants) National Park. Jotunheimen is very mountainous so some endurance and strenght is needed.
Ski tour from Gjendesheim (994 moh) to Glitterheim (1390 moh) to Spiterstulen (1106 moh) to Leirvassbu (1400 moh) and beyond with the DNT.
Ski tour the Hardangervidda Plateau. Take the train from Oslo to Ustaoset and ski from the train tracks to one of may hytte in the Hardangervidda. The Hardangervidda is the general location of the Norwegian commandos who blew up the Heavy Water plant during WW2 without loss of life (either Norwegian or German).
edgarhee's Related Pages
Norway Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "By HURTIGRUTEN through Norway"
- "great landscapes and more !"
- "Norway: The fjords land"
- "Norway - the nature in its purest form"
- "Saagar's Norway pages"
- "Trip to Urnes and Bergen"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Norway
- Hotels in Norway
- Transportation in Norway
- Nightlife in Norway
- Restaurants in Norway
- Shopping in Norway
- Warnings and Dangers in Norway
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Norway
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 15 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to Norway?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Norway
Top 5 Pages
- Helsinki Intro, 2 reviews, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Yorkshire Dales National Park Intro, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Idaho Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Banff National Park Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
- Medford Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
No friends yet.