"London, the capital of England" London by easyoar
London Travel Guide: 25,614 reviews and 58,456 photos
Whilst most people know that London is the capital of England, many foreigners to England get confused of the difference between England, Great Britain and the United Kingdom. Whilst England is in all of these, none of them is actually the same.
Great Britain is made up of England, Scotland and Wales. This is the whole of the larger of the two Islands (Ireland is the smaller island to the west). The United Kingdom on the other hand is made up of Great Britain plus Northern Ireland (the Republic Ireland is made up of the island of Ireland minus Northern Ireland).
Anyhow, back to the subject of London. London is a very big city which can have very big traffic problems. It is in my opinion though, a very good city for tourists to visit. Whether this be for the shopping (even if you just want to visit Harrods) or the sites (London Eye, Big Ben, Westminster Abbey, Tower Bridge, the Tower of London, Saint Pauls cathedral, Lifeguards Parade, the Parks, the list goes on...), London has something for pretty much anyone.
In case you are wondering about the Concorde picture, after the last Concorde flew and the planes all retired to various places around the world, there was one left that was not airworthy. It was decided the best way to transport it was to cut its wings and tail off, put it in a specially designed barge and float it off to its final destination (where its wings and tail were re-fitted). Makes for rather a sad picture really.
This page aims to cover some of the standard sites, but also a lot of the less well known ones, and may hopefully teach you a few things you didn't already know about London!
- Pros:Loads to do and see.
- Cons:Expensive and congested.
- In a nutshell:Well worth a visit.
London is the capital of England, and one of the nicest bits about wandering around is you are never quite sure what you... more travel advice
Although the Tussauds Group seems to have expanded over the years to run all sorts of attractions and also to open up... more travel advice
- See All Stealing Water
- See All Canoeing
- See All We will rock you
- See All Cheap and Rude
- See All Horse and Cart
easyoar's Related Pages
London Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My Current Home"
- "Maybe it's Because I'm A Londoner...."
- "Gor Blimey guv'ner...you'r having a larf......"
- "Maybe it's because I'm a Londoner ..."
- "London, the capital of England"
- "When a man tires of London, he is tired of life"
- See All...
- Things to Do in London
- Hotels in London
- Transportation in London
- Nightlife in London
- Restaurants in London
- Shopping in London
- Warnings and Dangers in London
- See All...
Badges & Stats in London
- 210 Reviews
- 220 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 78 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (35)
Have you been to London?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in London
Photos in LondonSee All Photos (220)
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 210 reviews, 221 photos, 1 travelogue
- Prague Intro, 64 reviews, 103 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination French Polynesia Intro, 68 reviews, 66 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Isla de Tenerife Intro, 64 reviews, 67 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Easter Island Intro, 53 reviews, 57 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Segovia Intro, 46 reviews, 48 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Moorea Intro, 37 reviews, 39 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nicosia Intro, 37 reviews, 39 photos
- Kimmeridge Intro, 37 reviews, 39 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tahiti Intro, 32 reviews, 32 photos