"Barcelona - The city Madrid should have been" Barcelona by easyoar
Barcelona Travel Guide: 9,524 reviews and 21,784 photos
I guess if you are Spanish and not from Catalunya, you will probably find that heading controversial. But from a tourist viewpoint, who wants to see 'must-see' sites and isn't interested too much in art galleries or fountains in the middle of roundabouts, I feel Madrid doesn't have a lot to offer tourists other than a lot of nightlife.
Barcelona on the other hand has much more to offer and has much more ambience (especially in the centre around the Ramblas) than Madrid has. Barcelona also had a resident architect for many years, who is internationally famous - Gaudi. He has been responsible for the building of many many things in and around Barcelona, and most of them are spectacular!
The reason non-Catalan Spanish will find some of my views controversial is that there is huge rivalry between the Spanish and the Catalans, and I am not trying to explain this or to take sides. I just find Barcelona to be much nicer to visit.
- Pros:Lovely city with lots to see
- Cons:Awful traffic congestion and terrible to navigate a car through
- In a nutshell:If you aren't in a car, it is great!
If you are visiting Parc Guell (see my Must-See tips for details on how to get there), there is a tall hill to the side,... more travel advice
Watch the might Barca play football, assuming the football season is on (normally between Sept to May time) and they are... more travel advice
easyoar's Related Pages
Barcelona Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Barcelona es bona..."
- "Seamandrew's Barcelona Page"
- "Truly Catalunya, Truly Spain"
- "Barcelona,one of the most beautiful Spanish cities"
- "Addictive Barcelona"
- "BCN, a mediterranean capital"
- "Gaudi is Not the Only Site in the City"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Barcelona
- Hotels in Barcelona
- Transportation in Barcelona
- Nightlife in Barcelona
- Restaurants in Barcelona
- Shopping in Barcelona
- Warnings and Dangers in Barcelona
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Barcelona
- 31 Reviews
- 32 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 28 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (22)
Have you been to Barcelona?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Barcelona
- Commented on one of chancay's Barcelona travel pages
- Posted in Technical Help Forum "RE: RE: Where is Gibraltar?"
- Wrote a Review Gingerbread House about Parc Guell in Barcelona Off The Beaten Path
- Uploaded a Photo to "Fundacio Joan Miro"
- updated a Barcelona Travel Page "Barcelona - The city Madrid should have been"
Photos in BarcelonaSee All Photos (32)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination London Intro, 210 reviews, 221 photos, 1 travelogue
- Prague Intro, 64 reviews, 103 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination French Polynesia Intro, 68 reviews, 66 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Isla de Tenerife Intro, 64 reviews, 67 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Easter Island Intro, 53 reviews, 57 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Segovia Intro, 46 reviews, 48 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Moorea Intro, 37 reviews, 39 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nicosia Intro, 37 reviews, 39 photos
- Kimmeridge Intro, 37 reviews, 39 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tahiti Intro, 32 reviews, 32 photos