"Cuenca - a mountainous beauty" Top 5 Page for this destination Cuenca by easyoar
Cuenca Travel Guide: 214 reviews and 530 photos
In Spain, there are semi-autonomous regions that have some reponsibility for their own affairs. These semi-autonomous regions have capital cities. Cuenca is both a semi-autonomous region, and the capital city. This page will hopefully explore a bit of both.
To most people who have visited however Cuenca is symbolised by two things. The old part of the town, and the Enchanted City.
The Old Town is actually quite a small area, up on top of a very steep hill. The buildings for the most part are very old and picturesque, and the streets are pretty narrow.
The Enchanted City is a large parkland area with a lot of very curiously shaped rocks which bear an uncanny resemblance to other objects. Some amazingly so, others need a bit of imagination and then some!
- Pros:Wild and beautiful scenery
- Cons:Out in the sticks
- In a nutshell:A great daytrip or two from Madrid
There is a very steep and deep gorge between the old city of Cuenca and the Parador. The view from this point shows why... more travel advice
Cuenca gets well illuminated at night, and the Casas Colgadas and the whole of that side of the old city get very well... more travel advice
easyoar's Related Pages
Cuenca Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The old town on the rocks."
- "Cuenca es única"
- "Cuenca - a mountainous beauty"
- "Entre dos ríos"
- "Cuenca - See a different side of Spain"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Cuenca
- Hotels in Cuenca
- Transportation in Cuenca
- Nightlife in Cuenca
- Restaurants in Cuenca
- Shopping in Cuenca
- Warnings and Dangers in Cuenca
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cuenca
- 27 Reviews
- 28 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 13 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (37)
Have you been to Cuenca?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cuenca
Photos in CuencaSee All Photos (28)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination London Intro, 210 reviews, 221 photos, 1 travelogue
- Prague Intro, 64 reviews, 103 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination French Polynesia Intro, 68 reviews, 66 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Isla de Tenerife Intro, 64 reviews, 67 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Easter Island Intro, 53 reviews, 57 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Segovia Intro, 46 reviews, 48 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Moorea Intro, 37 reviews, 39 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nicosia Intro, 37 reviews, 39 photos
- Kimmeridge Intro, 37 reviews, 39 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tahiti Intro, 32 reviews, 32 photos