"Segovia - a beautiful Spanish town" Top 5 Page for this destination Segovia by easyoar

Segovia Travel Guide: 371 reviews and 924 photos

Segovia is one of my favourite towns in the central part of Spain. Why stay in Madrid when you can escape to a beautiful city like Segovia and enjoy the Alcazar (castle), the huge cathedral and the aquaduct. It's a really nice town to walk about it, and even hike around. When I'm staying in Madrid or Valladolid, it is nice to escape to a place where life passes by that bit slower, and that actually has some character.

Segovia is also famous for its suckling pig, which is so tender the waiters cut it with a plate for you rather than a knife. Unfortunately this has become a bit of a tourist trap with the two most famous of restaurants there (Duque and Candido) both charging over the odds prices for what they serve up. If you hunt around the back streets inbetween the Cathedral and the Alcazar (Castle), you can find equally good suckling pig at much better prices.

• Pros:Wonderful scenery and architecture
  • Cons:A bit on the quiet side
  • In a nutshell:One of my favourite places in Central Spain
  • Last visit to Segovia: Mar 2005
  • Intro Updated Apr 2, 2005

• IreneMcKay's Profile Photo
    Sep 25, 2011 at 4:15 AM

Great page. Very helpful.
    Irene

• Nathalie_B's Profile Photo
    Mar 5, 2007 at 1:43 AM

Andy, as I plan my trip to Segovia next month, I find your tips very informative and interesting. Ahhh, gotta try that pork! Thank you for sharing!

• iandsmith's Profile Photo
    Dec 7, 2006 at 5:12 AM

Good stuff. I too enjoyed the town.

• lina112's Profile Photo
    Jul 10, 2006 at 2:57 PM

Beautiful page about Segovia. I went there when i was 14 years old and i´d like to back again. Lina

• ophiro's Profile Photo
    Jun 25, 2006 at 11:17 AM

Amazing place with great architecture ! The castle looks like Neuschwanstein castle in Germany, also a disney inspiration

• RafaelTheSecond's Profile Photo
    May 7, 2006 at 7:57 AM

One of the oldest cities in Spain, the acqueduct, the cathedral, and there is soemthing you should see in SEGOVIA: the mountains of guadarrama, great places for skiing!;)

• asianbelle's Profile Photo
    May 5, 2006 at 12:10 AM

thanks for that info on alcazar. i was under the impression that disneyland castle was patterned after king ludwig's castle in fussen (germany).

• Joseignacio's Profile Photo
    Dec 9, 2005 at 5:36 AM

I was to Segovia and to the Alcázar last week, and I didn't see storks from the tower, but maybe because I was so tired I barely looked down. :o))) BUT I saw them in my way to Segovia on top of churches.

• ginte's Profile Photo
    Nov 16, 2005 at 4:02 AM

A great page on Segovia - UNESCO World Heritage Site! Great tips, nice photos. Thanks for sharing, Andy! Best wishes from Lithuania!

• cheesecake17's Profile Photo
    Nov 1, 2005 at 11:42 PM

the "little shops" are the best to find really local stuff..:)...and never go on a diet when you traveling ..those yemas de segovia look yumiiii......and the LIMON Y MENTA...shop....I could just imaging the great stuff in there....:)

Badges & Stats in Segovia

Have you been to Segovia?

Latest Activity in Segovia