"Paris, France" Paris by easyoar

Paris Travel Guide: 22,630 reviews and 55,564 photos

Paris is a lovely City. Compared to many, it feels fresh and clean and it has a huge number of sites to see, The list of world famous sites it has start to roll of the tongue without even trying. The Eiffel Tower, Arc de Triomphe, Notre Dame, Sacre Coeur, Moulin Rouge and many more.

The only real down side of Paris is that it is not a cheap place to visit, but then neither are many European Capital Cities. I guess one of the reasons that London always feels relatively cheap to me in comparison is that I live close enough that a day trip in is very easy, and so there are no hotel overheads. My experience of Parisian Hotels is that for the money you pay, you get very little, and the star ratings in Paris are perhaps more generously given to hotels than they would be elsewhere.

• Pros:Beautiful City with Amazing Sites
  • Cons:Quite Expensive
  • In a nutshell:Justifiably a Must-see City
  • Intro Updated Nov 8, 2004

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Jun 15, 2009 at 11:04 PM

Hello, Andy! Nice to read your pages, always! .><><><><

• Herkbert's Profile Photo
    Jun 25, 2008 at 3:04 PM

Andy - Nice Paris tips! I've also always wondered about the Thumb. Oh, and happy birthday to you!

• May 3, 2008 at 6:03 PM

Jim Morrison lives.

• evaanna's Profile Photo
    Oct 28, 2006 at 1:17 PM

Excellent page, will read it again before I finally go there. Especially enjoyed reading about the less obvious places. Your pictures are just great.

• sim1's Profile Photo
    Sep 16, 2006 at 8:30 AM

Wonderful page Andy and some great tips! I've just added the Place Igor Stravinsky to my plans, such a fun fountain :-)) And I certainly will spend some time exploring the area around La Defence!

• traveldave's Profile Photo
    Jul 27, 2006 at 8:43 AM

Paris is one of my favorite cities in the world. It's been a long time since I've been there, so a return visit is definitely necessary.

• Jul 24, 2006 at 3:27 PM

The cemetery is a truly awe inspiring experience. I spent a long period wandering the grounds. My only regret is that the toilets were absolutely disgusting, such a bad advert for a wonderful place. Do the French not realise how off putting this is?

• RafaelTheSecond's Profile Photo
    May 19, 2006 at 6:23 AM

wow Andy, and english eye on the streets of Paris makes the french capital even more interesting!;)

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Apr 19, 2006 at 12:48 PM

That huge thumb must be fairly new, at least it wasn't there thirty years ago. But I'll make a point of seeing it in June when I'm there. Maybe it just means THUMBS UP ?

• kikalena's Profile Photo
    Sep 5, 2005 at 1:35 PM

Great page on Paris! Just makes me want to come back there again.

Badges & Stats in Paris