"Madeira" Madeira Island by Cockleshell
Madeira Island Travel Guide: 786 reviews and 1,934 photos
I enjoyed two weeks travelling around this small island making use of a hire car for 8 days.
I soon realised that there are very few flat bits in Madeira! Some of the roads are quite challenging and a little scary too. Sheer drops from the high cliff roads but thankfully not too much traffic.
I didn't miss the fact that there are no natural sandy beaches.
The mountain scenery is wonderful .. and so many waterfalls.
I did a couple of easy levada walks which I enjoyed and would have liked to have done more. And I especially enjoyed walking in the mountains.
Funchal old town at Christmas time was wonderful. Very colourful. Funchal itself has many things to see and do but I'm glad I ventured out and experienced much more of this beautiful island.
Such wonderful colours can be seen in this stunning environment more travel advice
I enjoyed watching this lady spin her yarn. more travel advice
Cockleshell's Related Pages
Madeira Island Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Madeira Island - Sculpted by Gods"
- "Madeira - Small archipelago of volcanic orgin."
- "Madeira: spectacular island of tunnels"
- "ISLAND OF FLOWERS"
- "ilha da madeira"
- "An island of flowers and stunning scenery"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Madeira Island
- Hotels in Madeira Island
- Transportation in Madeira Island
- Nightlife in Madeira Island
- Restaurants in Madeira Island
- Shopping in Madeira Island
- Warnings and Dangers in Madeira Island
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Madeira Island
- 22 Reviews
- 38 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Madeira Island?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Madeira Island
Top 10 Pages
- State of Kerala Intro, 34 reviews, 40 photos
- Bosnia and Herzegovina Intro, 29 reviews, 44 photos
- Madeira Island Intro, 22 reviews, 38 photos
- South Korea Intro, 2 reviews, 43 photos, 5 travelogues
- Malaysia Intro, 10 reviews, 20 photos
- Tunisia Intro, 14 reviews, 16 photos
- Lebanon Intro, 13 reviews, 16 photos
- Bratislava Intro, 11 reviews, 16 photos
- Western Isles Intro, 2 reviews, 21 photos, 2 travelogues
- Portpatrick Intro, 4 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue