"Tucuman..." Provincia de Tucumán by priscila_h
Provincia de Tucumán Travel Guide: 73 reviews and 198 photos
Tucuman is an interesting province. The smallest province of Argentina, but a very important one. In Tucuman is where the Act of Independence was singed (9th of July, 1816) which formally dissolved the ties with Spain. One of the main aborigine reserves of Argentina is found in Tucuman, "Ruinas Quilmes". The "Quilmes" were a powerful tribe and it took the Spanish about 130 years to conquest.
This picture is actually the ticket... it shows how the houses were in different levels. The higher the house was, the more important the person who lived there was. All the houses were exactly the same, what changed was the level in which they were build. The chief lived on top of the hill, and had the view of the whole valley. That's why every time the Spanish attacked the Quilmes won. They could see when they were coming and how many . The Spanish finally had the victory by taking away their food and water. The women and children left committed massive suicide.
Today there are only a few Quilmes left who live with a bitter feeling from the past.
- Pros:Beautiful geography
- Cons:Lost of the aborigine culture...
priscila_h's Related Pages
Provincia de Tucumán Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Provincia de Tucumán
- Hotels in Provincia de Tucumán
- Transportation in Provincia de Tucumán
- Nightlife in Provincia de Tucumán
- Restaurants in Provincia de Tucumán
- Warnings and Dangers in Provincia de Tucumán
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Provincia de Tucumán
- 1 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Provincia de Tucumán?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Provincia de Tucumán
Photos in Provincia de TucumánSee All Photos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Tampa Intro, 18 reviews, 22 photos, 2 travelogues
- Washington D.C. Intro, 7 reviews, 8 photos
- Salta Intro, 7 reviews, 8 photos
- Santa Rosa de Calamuchita Intro, 6 reviews, 4 photos
- Provincia de Jujuy Intro, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Parque Nacional do Iguaçu 6 photos, 1 travelogue
- La Plata 4 reviews, 2 photos
- Gulf Shores Intro, 1 review, 3 photos
- Provincia de Tucumán Intro, 1 review, 3 photos
- New York City Intro, 3 photos