Munnar Off The Beaten Path Tips by ushar Top 5 Page for this destination
Munnar Off The Beaten Path: 15 reviews and 28 photos
Situated 10 km from munnar. With tis sleepy little cottages , bungalows, old playgrounds and courts, Chithirapuram exudes an old world charm. Home of the Pallivasal Hydel Power Project, this hill town is also famous for its pictureque tea plantations
A panorama of mountains, tea garden and a samll lake named anyirangal Dam. This is situated 30 Km from Munnar.
Chancellor British Banglow:) A hideout for the nature loving travellers at chancellor resort Chinnakanal situated amidst 350 acres of thick cardamom and coffee plantation is place where you can have taste of real cardamon estate and its activites.
Nyayamkad is situated 10 km from Munnar . This land of breathtaking waterfalls is located between Munnar and Rajamala. The water cascade down a hil from height of about 1600 m. The enchanting surrondings make an excellent picnic spot and trekking point.
This lovely point is situated 32 km from Munnar 1700 m above sea leverl, this is the highest point on the Munnar- Kodaiknanal road. The rare Nilakurinji (strobilanthus) belongs to this region. This plant blooms every 12 years bathing the hill sides in bright blue. Top station also offers a panoramic view of the Neighboring state of Tamilnadu.
This is situated 15 km from munnar. This scenic Place gets its name from the nautral echo phenomenon here. Echo Point is on the way to Top stations from Munnar.
Power House waterfalls is situated 18 km from Munnar. This waterfall on the way to Thekkady from Munnar cascades dwon a steep rock, 2000m above sea level. The spot is enriched with the scenic western mountain ranges, and is an ideal place for a break on the way to Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary in Thekkady.
This is situated 20 km from Munnar. Kundala is a picturesque town on the way to Top Station. The golf course which belongs to Tata Tea Ltd is located here. The kundala artificial dam is another attraction, Aruvikkad waterfalls is also near Kundala.
This lush green carpet of tea plants is situated 22 km from Munnar.A trip on the spendid reservoir is an unforgettable experience. The Anayirankal Dam is surronded by the Tata Tea Plantations and evergreen forests. It is an ideal picnic spot.
It is noted for two acres of a evergreen forests upon a huge Roak. The rock is more than 500 acres in area and is an ideal spot for mountaineering.
Marayoor is situated 40 km from Munnar. This is the onbly place in Kerala that hasa natural growth of sandal woold trees. The sandal wood factory of the forest department, the caves (Muniyaras) with murals and relics from the new stone age civilization andf the children's park spread across a hectare of land under the canopy of a single Banyan tree are of great intrrest to tourists'. Thoovanam waterfalls and Rajiv Gandhi National Park also near by.
More Reviews (12)
ushar's Related Pages
Munnar Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A post Monsoon trip to MUNNAR"
- "Munnar - A breath of fresh air!"
- "Munnar- India's answer to Sweden"
- "MUNNAR THE QUEEN OF THE NILGIRIS"
- "The fantastic world of Ayurveda"
- "Munnar is a famous hill station"
- "Munnar - A Paradise"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Munnar
- Hotels in Munnar
- Transportation in Munnar
- Nightlife in Munnar
- Restaurants in Munnar
- Shopping in Munnar
- Warnings and Dangers in Munnar
- See All...
Explore the World
- Corfu Island
- Pattambi Hotels
- Capitale d'Etat-Zone Speciale de Conakry
- Heckington Hotels
- Voore Hotels
- Dunlewy Hotels
- Krakow Off The Beaten Path
- Daytrip outside Amsterdam: Alkmaar
- Province of Ontario Off The Beaten Path
- Terre Haute Off The Beaten Path
- Brisbane Off The Beaten Path
- Lisbon Off The Beaten Path
- Barker Reservoir
- Tahiti Off The Beaten Path
- Saskatoon Off The Beaten Path
- Saint Paul Off The Beaten Path
- Prachuap Khiri Khan Off The Beaten Path
- Marjan Hill
Badges & Stats in Munnar
- 22 Reviews
- 43 Photos
- 7 Forum posts
- 10 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Munnar?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Munnar
Photos in MunnarSee All Photos (43)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Kerala Intro, 40 reviews, 111 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Thiruvananthapuram Intro, 25 reviews, 50 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Munnar Intro, 22 reviews, 44 photos, 1 travelogue
- India Intro, 7 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Periyar Sanctuary Intro, 13 reviews, 20 photos
- Singapore Intro, 2 reviews, 25 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Alappuzha Intro, 10 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Gujarat Intro, 2 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue
- Varkkala Intro, 1 review, 19 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Tamil Nadu Intro, 4 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
FriendsSee All Friends (23)
Latest Munnar hotel reviews
- Igloo Munnar
- 170 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 17, 2013
- T & U Leisure Hotel
- 100 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 16, 2013
- Mermaid Hotel
- 8 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jan 15, 2013
- Bella Vista Resort
- 159 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 6, 2013
- The Whispering Meadows Munnar
- 81 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 29, 2013
- Tea Valley Resort
- 148 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 14, 2013
- Mundackal Plantation Home Stay
- 30 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 18, 2013
- Pearl Green Resorts
- 14 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 14, 2013
- Sun Mount View
- 6 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 19, 2012
- Mountain Trail Resort
- 54 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 7, 2013
- Edassary Eastend Hotel
- 85 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 10, 2013
- Nest Resort
- 13 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Feb 12, 2013
- Munnar Rock
- 23 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 11, 2013
- Munnar Inn
- 71 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jan 24, 2013
- Forest Haven Resort
- 40 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 15, 2013