"My Second Home - PUNE - State of Maharashtra" Top 5 Page for this destination Pune by ushar
Pune Travel Guide: 199 reviews and 307 photos
Pune \ Poona (as some call it ), the cultural capital of Maharashtra is just 170 Km from Mumbai. This city was the bastion of of the all-powerful Maratha empire. Under the reign of Shivaji, the 17th centuray warrior king, Pune entered a new phase in History. The rugged terrain with its awe some forts and well preserved monuments lie testimony to Shivaji's daring exploits which eventually hleped him expand his small field into an extensive kingdom.
The Maratha power became a major political force under enterprising peshwas.
After the battle of Koregaon in 1818 , Pune fell into the hands of east india company.Britishers used to consider this as Monsoon Capital. Today Pune is and important commercial centre.
The magic of Pune is that you can lose yourself completely within the waslls of a museum that keeps the history alive, or discover your roots as you stroll throgugh palaces, forts or caves that echo mysterious legends.
The city called Pune in the state of Maharashtra is my second home where i lived all these years... It is known as Oxford of the East.
It has a strong cultural roots.
Pune is a calm and quiet place compared to Mumbai.
Lot of artists in the field of Music theatre, films etc..are settled down here.
The famous OSHO commune too u can see here.
This picture has taken on the way to Bheemashakar from Pune. It is situated 90 km away from Pune city...This shiva temple of Bheemashankar is very famous, also the forest.
Enjoy those lovely fruits....
- Pros:Pune is The place 4 combine studies \ entertainment
- Cons:Beware of those crowded roads (with lot of pot holes)
- In a nutshell:A fun filled cultural city - worth visiting
Pune has many temples. Sree Krishna Temple Nigidi, Parvati Hill and Parvati Temple Ayyappa Temple Dehuroad Ayyappa... more travel advice
The festival of lord Ganesh, the patron deity of Maharashtra, is the most popular and exciting festival in Pune. This 11... more travel advice
ushar's Related Pages
Pune Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "CLINGING TO A FEELING CALLED HOME..."
- "my college"
- "My Second Home - PUNE - State of Maharashtra"
- "live here for the time being"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Pune
- Hotels in Pune
- Transportation in Pune
- Nightlife in Pune
- Restaurants in Pune
- Shopping in Pune
- Warnings and Dangers in Pune
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Pune
- 6 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 4 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Pune?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pune
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Kerala Intro, 41 reviews, 115 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Thiruvananthapuram Intro, 25 reviews, 50 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Munnar Intro, 22 reviews, 44 photos, 1 travelogue
- India Intro, 7 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Alappuzha Intro, 11 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Periyar Sanctuary Intro, 13 reviews, 20 photos
- Singapore Intro, 3 reviews, 26 photos, 2 travelogues
- Varkkala Intro, 2 reviews, 24 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Gujarat Intro, 2 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Tamil Nadu Intro, 4 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue