"Just Aberdeen" Aberdeen by Minashka
Aberdeen Travel Guide: 496 reviews and 918 photos
Aberdeen was pretty much like I expected it to be... Small but pretty town in beautiful Scotland. I had always dreamt of visiting Scotland but unfortunately I didn't get to see much of it. I did see Elgin however but would've loved to get to Edinburgh as well. I liked Aberdeen even though there isn't much to do there. I must admit that shopping and bar hopping on Union Street was a lot of fun even though I don't drink.
What really amazed me first of all was the number of churches. But what was even more amazing was the fact that they had been turned into bars/pubs, offices and residence places, etc. How ironic... people go to the god's house to get drunk! Speaking of which, it's not unusual to see drunkards on the streets in the evenings. Well you can imagine how cold Scotland is in December and would you believe that most of the girls were wearing really short skirts and summer sandals only? So that was another shock for me :)))
I guess I'll stick to my tradition of devoting my last intro paragraph to the people of the particular place that I've visited. Scottish people are great fun :) I had many Scottish colleagues working in oil companies in Azerbaijan and for the longest time I babysat for Scottish families living in Baku. The chidren are always well behaved and the parents love to go out! The people I met in Aberdeen were always nice and polite and I must admit that I just love their accent :)
- Pros:Good restaurants, shops, fresh air
- Cons:Too cold and a bit expensive
- In a nutshell:City with mostly oilmen
Minashka's Related Pages
Aberdeen Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Granite City"
- "Aberdeen - The Granite City"
- "about time..."
- "Aberdeen, A great base to see the Grampians"
- "Highland Games, Stone Circles, Castles & Friends!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Aberdeen
- Hotels in Aberdeen
- Transportation in Aberdeen
- Nightlife in Aberdeen
- Restaurants in Aberdeen
- Shopping in Aberdeen
- Warnings and Dangers in Aberdeen
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Aberdeen
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Aberdeen?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Aberdeen
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baku Intro, 30 reviews, 57 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Azerbaijan Intro, 22 reviews, 59 photos, 1 travelogue
- Naxcivan Intro, 9 reviews, 17 photos
- United States of America Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos
- Georgia Intro, 3 reviews, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Istanbul Intro, 2 reviews, 7 photos
- Sharm El Sheikh Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos
- Saint Petersburg Intro, 3 reviews, 5 photos
- Bodrum Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- London Intro, 3 photos