"What lies Beyond Narita Airport" Top 5 Page for this destination Narita by Wild_Orchid
Narita Travel Guide: 139 reviews and 286 photos
On my second visit to Japan in May 2005, I had a morning flight out of Narita airport. This time, I decided to stay overnight at Narita town, rather than at an ubiquitous American Chain hotel. Well, I'm glad I did because there's more to Narita than just the airport!
I would like to say a Special thank you to VT'er manuel_eb and one time frequent traveller to NaritaMike Newman for helping with information relating to this quaint and interesting little town.
Arrival: In late 1994, I arrived at Narita Airport slightly groggy from my 7+ hour overnight flight from Kuala Lumpur International Airport, via Singapore's Changi Airport.
The toilets at Narita were spotless and we managed to freshen up quite comfortably, before heading to the immigration counter. This was completed with minimal fuss despite the number of arrivals. Clearing customs took a bit longer as the female officer wanted me to open my luggage bag. (I had only 1 bag!) She then shot me a few questions in staccato-English. Fortunately, I managed to understand and replied accordingly. My colleague who was standing near me was amazed because she thought that our entire conversation sounded like it was being conducted in Japanese!
Outside, I spotted a water cooler, so I avoided buying any mineral water (my first taste of just how expensive it was in Japan...).
Departure: From the Narita Excel Hotel, we joined the shuttle coach to the airport. It was basically uneventful.
When I arrived at the airport, I got a friend to take a picture of me at the airport car-park to remind me of the airport, and also to remember how bloated my face looked after having slept for only 2 hours on the plane! LOL
- Pros:Narita town is a little Gem that should be explored if you have the time
- Cons:it is rather a distance between the town and the airport
- In a nutshell:more than just an airport. Make time to check out the rustic town and Naritasan temple
Getting to Narita town from downtown Tokyo was easy in theory but not as easy in practice, especially when you're... more travel advice
I found out that there are two terminals at Narita. I had arrived and departed via Terminal 1 on my first trip to Japan... more travel advice
Wild_Orchid's Related Pages
Narita Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "What lies Beyond Narita Airport"
- "Narita more than just an airport"
- "My 1st and Last Drop in Japan"
- "NARITA - Aviation crossroads"
- "Narita - Stopover"
- "Narita, is the gateway to Japan"
- "Japan's Airport Town that serves Tokyo"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Narita
- Hotels in Narita
- Transportation in Narita
- Nightlife in Narita
- Restaurants in Narita
- Shopping in Narita
- Warnings and Dangers in Narita
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Narita
- 14 Reviews
- 34 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 24 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (20)
Have you been to Narita?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Narita
- Commented on one of kamikawalili's Narita travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "Bright cheery flowers on window sills"
- Posted in Travel Phuket Forum "Re: Any Good Restaurant to..."
- updated a Narita Travel Page "What lies Beyond Narita Airport"
- Wrote a Review Getting to Narita town in Narita Transportation
Photos in NaritaSee All Photos (34)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tokyo Intro, 57 reviews, 106 photos, 3 travelogues
- Bali Intro, 48 reviews, 69 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cameron Highlands Intro, 29 reviews, 73 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Negeri Selangor Intro, 36 reviews, 65 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Negeri Terengganu Intro, 29 reviews, 67 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kuching Intro, 32 reviews, 43 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kota Kinabalu Intro, 26 reviews, 48 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Negeri Johor Intro, 28 reviews, 44 photos, 1 travelogue
- Hanoi Intro, 28 reviews, 43 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ipoh Intro, 21 reviews, 49 photos