"Full of good places to visit for a day's outing" Top 5 Page for this destination Negeri Selangor by Wild_Orchid
Negeri Selangor Travel Guide: 789 reviews and 1,850 photos
One of the best kept secrets in the State of Selangor is this forest reserve. It is only 45 km from Petaling Jaya and about 15 -20 km from Kuala Lumpur. I was just there on the weekend and I've written up about it in my Off the Beaten Path tips.
We had relatives from out of town visiting us so we took a drive out to Port Klang for seafood. This time we visited a restaurant called Teluk Gong Seafood.
A nice little outing for the kids would be to take them for a drive to see the fire-flies at Kuala Selangor. The air quality when I was there that day was very good and being able to watch the changing hues reflect upon the water as the sun went down was a real treat for me. Nothing much when compared to the sunset of Jimbaran Bay, Bali but a pleasure nevertheless.
I've written extensive tips to help you get there. Along the way, most people would stop by at the fishing town of Pasir Penambang to have dinner. Do join me on this journey...
Carey Island and Klang are favourites and famous for good food. We drive to Carey Island for seafood about once or twice a year. It is a bit of a long drive, about 60 km from Petaling Jaya, but now that the roads are pretty good, it takes only about 50 minutes to get there. If you are interested, please take a look at my restaurant tips.
- Pros:low-rise, residential and pleasant
- Cons:you'd need a car to drive out to the places of interest, some are not well-maintained
- In a nutshell:Lots to see and do, but you need to find the places first!
Located within a Condominium complex with its own lake (a’ la Venice), this restaurant serves good food at reasonable... more travel advice
It has been a great outing to the river, and we were pleasantly tired and more than a little hungry. On the drive back,... more travel advice
- See All Buy some Ulu Langat Durians
- See All Nice Little Campsite Not far from KL -...
- Sg Congkak: The Rocks are Rather...
Written Mar 28, 2005
Sunset at Kuala Selangor
Written Mar 28, 2005
Pasir Penambang-a Seafood Village
Wild_Orchid's Related Pages
Negeri Selangor Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Full of good places to visit for a day's outing"
- "State of Selangor"
- "Royal Selangor"
- "My Residence - Petaling Jaya, SELANGOR"
- "Selangor - the State Where I Am..."
- "Selangor Darul Ehsan"
- "Travelogue 1- North East Selangor / Pahang"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Negeri Selangor
- Hotels in Negeri Selangor
- Transportation in Negeri Selangor
- Nightlife in Negeri Selangor
- Restaurants in Negeri Selangor
- Shopping in Negeri Selangor
- Warnings and Dangers in Negeri Selangor
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Negeri Selangor
- 59 Reviews
- 109 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (20)
Have you been to Negeri Selangor?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Negeri Selangor
- updated a Negeri Selangor Travel Page "Full of good places to visit for a day's outing"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Full of good places to visit for a day's outing"
- Posted in Travel Phuket Forum "Re: Any Good Restaurant to..."
- Wrote a Review Good food by the Lake in Negeri Selangor Restaurants
- Commented on one of muddybok's Negeri Selangor travel pages
Photos in Negeri SelangorSee All Photos (109)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tokyo Intro, 57 reviews, 106 photos, 3 travelogues
- Bali Intro, 48 reviews, 69 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cameron Highlands Intro, 29 reviews, 73 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Negeri Selangor Intro, 36 reviews, 65 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Negeri Terengganu Intro, 29 reviews, 67 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kuching Intro, 32 reviews, 43 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kota Kinabalu Intro, 26 reviews, 48 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Negeri Johor Intro, 28 reviews, 44 photos, 1 travelogue
- Hanoi Intro, 28 reviews, 43 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ipoh Intro, 21 reviews, 49 photos