"Full of good places to visit for a day's outing" Top 5 Page for this destination Negeri Selangor by Wild_Orchid

Negeri Selangor Travel Guide: 717 reviews and 1,455 photos

Hutan Lipur Sg Congkak

One of the best kept secrets in the State of Selangor is this forest reserve. It is only 45 km from Petaling Jaya and about 15 -20 km from Kuala Lumpur. I was just there on the weekend and I've written up about it in my Off the Beaten Path tips.

We had relatives from out of town visiting us so we took a drive out to Port Klang for seafood. This time we visited a restaurant called Teluk Gong Seafood.

See the Fireflies and watch the Sunset on the River

A nice little outing for the kids would be to take them for a drive to see the fire-flies at Kuala Selangor. The air quality when I was there that day was very good and being able to watch the changing hues reflect upon the water as the sun went down was a real treat for me. Nothing much when compared to the sunset of Jimbaran Bay, Bali but a pleasure nevertheless.

I've written extensive tips to help you get there. Along the way, most people would stop by at the fishing town of Pasir Penambang to have dinner. Do join me on this journey...

Carey Island

Gluttons rejoice - Selangor is Full of Nice places for Good Food

Carey Island and Klang are favourites and famous for good food. We drive to Carey Island for seafood about once or twice a year. It is a bit of a long drive, about 60 km from Petaling Jaya, but now that the roads are pretty good, it takes only about 50 minutes to get there. If you are interested, please take a look at my restaurant tips.

• Pros:low-rise, residential and pleasant
  • Cons:you'd need a car to drive out to the places of interest, some are not well-maintained
  • In a nutshell:Lots to see and do, but you need to find the places first!
  • Last visit to Negeri Selangor: Jun 2009
  • Intro Updated Jun 21, 2009

• robertgaz's Profile Photo
    Apr 21, 2008 at 5:52 PM

Is Pulau Carey fairly easy to find from Kaye Elle?

• sayedaburas's Profile Photo
    Sep 18, 2006 at 6:08 PM

Special Greetings to a special friend on her special day. Happy Birth Day 2 U Dear D. >:D< :x :)

• bpacker's Profile Photo
    Jun 20, 2006 at 6:56 PM

Love the way u describe food! Yum, chicken steamed with herbs is my favourite. I must cook it soon;p

• Jan 9, 2006 at 11:53 PM

Looking for beetles in a Sampan made for 4 in the middle of a river in the middle of nowhere??????? sounds good to me........Nick

• Jan 6, 2006 at 5:50 AM

Hi W_O, I love the pic. of your boy playing at the river. He is very cute. A great page. Thank you for sharing and hoping you and the family have a good weekend.

• iandsmith's Profile Photo
    Dec 17, 2005 at 3:21 AM

Mmm, interesting p[ages.

• ecuriocity's Profile Photo
    Nov 14, 2005 at 9:55 AM

I've cycled the roads around Sg. Congkak quite a bit but didn't know one could hike in that far and cycle as well. Would you happen to know the distance from the entrance to the furthest point accessible by cycling and if it's a loop? Thanks again. T

• mansionion's Profile Photo
    Oct 12, 2005 at 7:42 AM

Its seafood as its name suggest, though its signature dish got nothing to do at all with seafood ;-) -m-

• Yasmine03's Profile Photo
    Sep 16, 2005 at 1:41 PM

Aunty Agony, you sure know how to "makan"! Great food! Thanks for the tips. Rgds, Y.

• gregoryr1m's Profile Photo
    Jul 25, 2005 at 4:01 PM

Hi Orchid. Great tip here and beautiful sunset... you always visit such exotic place.

Wild_Orchid

“... not seeking new lands, but seeing with new eyes”

Badges & Stats in Negeri Selangor

Have you been to Negeri Selangor?