"Monsoon Time on the East Coast" Top 5 Page for this destination Negeri Terengganu by Wild_Orchid
Negeri Terengganu Travel Guide: 1,311 reviews and 3,447 photos
We visited the East Coast during the monsoon period. In Malaysia, the monsoon period begins in November and tails off around mid-late January each year and affects mainly the states on the East Coast, such as Pahang, Terengganu and Kelantan. It was a good drive due to the newly opened East Coast Highway. I've written up extensive tips under the Transportation section for those who want to make their way over to the East Coast states of Kuantan and Terengganu.
There are a number of lovely and picture-perfect beaches dotting the landscape here, along with rural scenes of kampung houses on stilts surrounded by coconut trees, cows, water-buffaloes, goats, small police stations and post-offices (practically each small town has one of each), and of course schools.
Every time we drove out, my younger daughter would ask plaintively "Where are we going, Mummy?" and of course, I had no simple answer, because I am the type of person that given half the chance, would like to simply drive around and stop when we noticed something interesting or found a place worth exploring. (My middle name is serendipity! LOL)
In addition to my daughter, I also had to contend with my husband who would ask basically the same question.
In the end I had to tell my daughter and husband that I didn't know where were were heading, but my intention was to drive around and to stop to take some pictures if the place looked interesting-just for VT!! LOL
In the course of that week, we visited and revisited several places a few times (because my sister came a few days later) and I shall share these gems with you.
When in Terengganu, especially during then monsoon period, everything slows down. If you visit here, whether on business or pleasure, just relax and smile, and you'll blend in just fine. See you later, I'm off for a siesta...zzzzzzzz
This time, I've used MuddyBok's techniques-please read the tips In Authors Order.
- Pros:some lovely beaches that can be visited even during the monsoon period
- Cons:during the monsoon period, it can be cloudy, and may drizzle-but DO NOT SWIM!!
- In a nutshell:lots of charming rural towns, villages and many, many beaches & cats !
I liked the water buffalo here. They were an imposing shade of gray black and had a set of long curvy horns. Used by... more travel advice
Cats there were, everywhere ambling, strolling, nose up in the air. At warungs in kitchens, sleeping at your... more travel advice
- See All To Awana Kijal Resort-You're almost...
- Quiet nights at the Warung
Wild_Orchid's Related Pages
Negeri Terengganu Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Monsoon Time on the East Coast"
- "Terengganu - oil gas rich coastal state"
- "Terengganu - A Beautiful & Laid Back Place"
- "serene lake kenyir.."
- "----- MY TERENGGANU TRIP -----"
- "Beach, beaches & more beaches!!!!"
- "Visiting Teluk Bidara"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Negeri Terengganu
- Hotels in Negeri Terengganu
- Transportation in Negeri Terengganu
- Nightlife in Negeri Terengganu
- Restaurants in Negeri Terengganu
- Shopping in Negeri Terengganu
- Warnings and Dangers in Negeri Terengganu
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Negeri Terengganu
- 51 Reviews
- 116 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (20)
Have you been to Negeri Terengganu?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Negeri Terengganu
- Posted in Travel Phuket Forum "Re: Any Good Restaurant to..."
- Commented on one of malbella's Negeri Terengganu travel pages
- updated a Negeri Terengganu Travel Page "Monsoon Time on the East Coast"
- Wrote a Review Water Buffalo in Negeri Terengganu Favorites
- Uploaded a Photo to "growth is possible, even in a poluted drain"
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tokyo Intro, 57 reviews, 106 photos, 3 travelogues
- Bali Intro, 48 reviews, 69 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cameron Highlands Intro, 29 reviews, 73 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Negeri Selangor Intro, 36 reviews, 65 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Negeri Terengganu Intro, 29 reviews, 67 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kuching Intro, 32 reviews, 43 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kota Kinabalu Intro, 26 reviews, 48 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Negeri Johor Intro, 28 reviews, 44 photos, 1 travelogue
- Hanoi Intro, 28 reviews, 43 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ipoh Intro, 21 reviews, 49 photos