"Monsoon Time on the East Coast" Top 5 Page for this destination Negeri Terengganu by Wild_Orchid

Negeri Terengganu Travel Guide: 1,299 reviews and 3,368 photos

We visited the East Coast during the monsoon period. In Malaysia, the monsoon period begins in November and tails off around mid-late January each year and affects mainly the states on the East Coast, such as Pahang, Terengganu and Kelantan. It was a good drive due to the newly opened East Coast Highway. I've written up extensive tips under the Transportation section for those who want to make their way over to the East Coast states of Kuantan and Terengganu.

There are a number of lovely and picture-perfect beaches dotting the landscape here, along with rural scenes of kampung houses on stilts surrounded by coconut trees, cows, water-buffaloes, goats, small police stations and post-offices (practically each small town has one of each), and of course schools.

"Where are we going, Mummy?"

Every time we drove out, my younger daughter would ask plaintively "Where are we going, Mummy?" and of course, I had no simple answer, because I am the type of person that given half the chance, would like to simply drive around and stop when we noticed something interesting or found a place worth exploring. (My middle name is serendipity! LOL)

In addition to my daughter, I also had to contend with my husband who would ask basically the same question.

In the end I had to tell my daughter and husband that I didn't know where were were heading, but my intention was to drive around and to stop to take some pictures if the place looked interesting-just for VT!! LOL

In the course of that week, we visited and revisited several places a few times (because my sister came a few days later) and I shall share these gems with you.

It's Time for Siesta

When in Terengganu, especially during then monsoon period, everything slows down. If you visit here, whether on business or pleasure, just relax and smile, and you'll blend in just fine. See you later, I'm off for a siesta...zzzzzzzz

This time, I've used MuddyBok's techniques-please read the tips In Authors Order.

• Pros:some lovely beaches that can be visited even during the monsoon period
  • Cons:during the monsoon period, it can be cloudy, and may drizzle-but DO NOT SWIM!!
  • In a nutshell:lots of charming rural towns, villages and many, many beaches & cats !
  • Last visit to Negeri Terengganu: Dec 2004
  • Intro Updated Aug 5, 2007

Wild_Orchid

“... not seeking new lands, but seeing with new eyes”

Badges & Stats in Negeri Terengganu

Have you been to Negeri Terengganu?