"Sawasdee - Welcome to Bangkok, the City of Angels" Bangkok by Wild_Orchid
Bangkok Travel Guide: 10,353 reviews and 22,990 photos
The Buddhist temples or "Wats" of Thailand have certainly been around for a long time. This is a picture that I really like. It shows safron robe clad Buddhist monks getting off a ferry at a pier. In the background is Wat Arun, the Temple of Dawn which has was created in the Ayutthaya period.
This is my third visit to Bangkok. It has changed so much, and all for the better! The picture shows all the hot stuff that Bangkok is famous for: spicy chilli sauce, fresh whole bird-eye chilli ("cili padi") and last but not least, tiny cloves of garlic. If you enjoy spicy food, you will certainly love the food here! For non-food lovers, Bangkok has a hot and liberated nightlife, the likes of which cannot be found anywhere else in Asia.
If you need to spice up your life, there is no where in the world like Bangkok!
Whatever you want, wherever you're from, you're sure to find it in Bangkok! :-) As the Thai's say " Sawasdee " - which means WELCOME. This picture was taken at the old Bangkok airport. The spanking new airport is HUGE-a massive structure made out of steel, steel and more steel.
It is really long and for some reason, they have put all the food outlets in one place. The duty free shops are plentiful but I did prefer the old airport a bit better-for shopping anyway. However, Suvarnabhumi airport is certainly less crowded and less chaotic.
- Pros:great shopping, food, the Sky train, warm and friendly people, hot night scene
- Cons:traffic jams, pollution, hot night scene
- In a nutshell:Spice up your Life in Bangkok!
Comfortable, good location, good views The Pan Pacific is very comfortable hotel located at the Silom/Sathorn area. It... more travel advice
There is nothing special about the surroundings or any particular ambience. However, if you'd like to eat like the... more travel advice
Wild_Orchid's Related Pages
Bangkok Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Bangkok, Krung Thep - The best of"
- "tHe Bangkok in my mind.."
- "Heightened Senses X 2"
- "Bangkok - Which Means "Straw Hat!""
- "Links to Street Maps: Finding Your Way"
- "Fantastic Bangkok"
- "One of my favorite cities in Asia"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bangkok
- Hotels in Bangkok
- Transportation in Bangkok
- Nightlife in Bangkok
- Restaurants in Bangkok
- Shopping in Bangkok
- Warnings and Dangers in Bangkok
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bangkok
- 8 Reviews
- 20 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 18 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (18)
Have you been to Bangkok?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bangkok
- Posted in Travel Phuket Forum "Re: Any Good Restaurant to..."
- Commented on one of stevemt's Bangkok travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "Excellent Hotel with Great service"
- Wrote a Review Excellent Hotel with Great service in Bangkok Hotels
- updated a Bangkok Travel Page "Sawasdee - Welcome to Bangkok, the City of Angels"
Photos in BangkokSee All Photos (20)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tokyo Intro, 57 reviews, 106 photos, 3 travelogues
- Bali Intro, 48 reviews, 69 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cameron Highlands Intro, 29 reviews, 73 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Negeri Selangor Intro, 36 reviews, 65 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Negeri Terengganu Intro, 29 reviews, 67 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kuching Intro, 32 reviews, 43 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kota Kinabalu Intro, 26 reviews, 48 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Negeri Johor Intro, 28 reviews, 44 photos, 1 travelogue
- Hanoi Intro, 28 reviews, 43 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ipoh Intro, 21 reviews, 49 photos