"Bagan Pasir, Tanjung Karang" Kampung Tanjung Karang by Wild_Orchid

Kampung Tanjung Karang Travel Guide: 6 reviews and 18 photos

Fresh Fish and Fishy Tales

With a long weekend ahead of me (it was the weekend of Hari Raya Haji), I wanted to do something different with the family, but where can you go to for a short day trip, without tiring the kids out or wasting too much petrol?

Well, the answer and inspiration came to me after reading about the delicious BBQ seafood dinner that a KL_based foodie had had after her visit to the Pasir Penambang, Kuala Selangor area.

I made a few phone calls to my friend, to verify the general location, and then the next day, set off for a drive to Kuala Selangor. This is the story of my little fishy adventure!

Footnote:The location of Pasir Penambang as mentioned by boo_licious in her masak-masak blog is a different place from Tanjung Karang. I have a write up on Pasir Penambang on my Negeri Selangor pages. Thanks to boo_licious and eating asia for their helpful tips and wonderfully delicious pics.

• Pros:Just an hour and a half 's drive from KL or PJ (unless there is a traffic jam!)
  • Cons:Slight traffic jam around Sg Buloh, windy roads
  • In a nutshell:A fishing village, with lots of good, fresh fish!
  • Last visit to Kampung Tanjung Karang: Jan 2006
  • Intro Updated Jan 18, 2006

• exoticorchidhunter's Profile Photo
    Jun 1, 2008 at 11:01 AM

You would appear to be the best ambassador for Malaysia. Words with pasion, pictures with conntent. all done naturally. well done

• robertgaz's Profile Photo
    Mar 3, 2008 at 7:19 PM

A fine fare for a feed of fresh fish!

• kenHuocj's Profile Photo
    Jun 12, 2007 at 5:54 PM

fresch fish, BBQ prawns, that's what I had last night, but frozen ;-(

• aussirose's Profile Photo
    Feb 3, 2007 at 8:37 PM

Enjoyed the read about your day out matey :o) Yep, I can relate to the kids bit.....they just don't get it hey :o) Fresh fish!!! Yummy!! Interesting about the fireflies. I've only seen them once before. Thanx for sharing! Cheers, Ann :o)

• AlbuqRay's Profile Photo
    Oct 1, 2006 at 6:05 PM

W_O, what a fun day and really well-written tips too. I remember catching pomfrets myself at the Marang Resort and Safaris. BTW, the dragon fruit plant looks like some kind of euphorbia.

• BlaTboy's Profile Photo
    Jul 8, 2006 at 3:08 AM

I ALWAYS am, and, or strive to be AH!!!! =) }i{ Cheers B-out

• Jun 24, 2006 at 10:29 PM

Hi, Got the opporunitity to see the FireFlies? If you can, you can see them in Johor.

• shikokuzen's Profile Photo
    Jun 4, 2006 at 7:49 PM

Just wondering when you find time to sleep!!! you are always on the go and doing something......i am soooooooo jealous.....hahahaha

• pepples46's Profile Photo
    Apr 24, 2006 at 10:42 PM

I am hungry now....what a beautiful place this is.

• iwys's Profile Photo
    Feb 13, 2006 at 9:29 PM

Wow, your tips are so detailed! Hey, I am active on VT again now. Come and see all my new Korean pages!

Wild_Orchid

“... not seeking new lands, but seeing with new eyes”

Badges & Stats in Kampung Tanjung Karang

Have you been to Kampung Tanjung Karang?