Pulau Pangkor Shopping Tips by Wild_Orchid
Pulau Pangkor Shopping: 8 reviews and 12 photos
There are a number of shops selling dried seafood. With modern technology, there are shops that offer vacuum-sealed packaging for increased freshness. It also looks better when you present it to family and friends.
The traditional style of dried seafood in large buckets are also on offer, and you can pick and choose from many varieties, and pay by the kg. Although the price is not so different from on the mainland shops, the turnover ensures that the produce is always fresh so you can buy with confidence.
What to buy: Dried cuttlefish - delicious in pork bone and old cucumber soup!
The ubiqutious Anchovies (ikan bilis) - all sizes and many grades
Sweetened fish and cuttlefish snacks (spicy varieties are also available)
What to pay: Dried cuttle fish – vacumm packed : RM 10 per pack
Dried sotong (in flat pieces, sort of rolled up) - $ 7 for 500gm
Curly ikan bilis – RM10 per 500gm
Address: Your nose will bring you there! LOL
Directions: Take a walk and you will find many options. Seek and you will find.
Frozen in time
There is only one main street at Pangkor Town. The shops there have an air about them that nothing has changed in the past 20 years...except maybe the prices! LOL
Apart from local dried seafood, the shops also sell produce from other Malaysian states.
What to buy: Dried Cuttlefish - vacuum-packed for additional freshness
Ikan Satay-dried sweetened fish that children love to snack on
Dried cuttlefish snacks - light brown soft strips, or honey-brown sweetened pieces of fish, three to a stick. (they have quite an artificial taste, but somehow, they are very "moorish" - the more you eat, the more you want! LOL
Cheap t-shirts-RM5 (Just over US$1.30) each!
What to pay: RM5-12 per pack
Address: Pangkor Town
Theme: Food and Drink
More Reviews (8)
Wild_Orchid's Related Pages
Pulau Pangkor Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Pulau Pangkor"
- "Pangkor Laut"
- "Pangkor Laut - A bit of paradise"
- "Beautiful Island"
- "Orange Pangkor"
- "Selamat Datang ke Pulau Pangkor"
- "Jen in Pangkor"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Pulau Pangkor
- Hotels in Pulau Pangkor
- Transportation in Pulau Pangkor
- Nightlife in Pulau Pangkor
- Restaurants in Pulau Pangkor
- Shopping in Pulau Pangkor
- Warnings and Dangers in Pulau Pangkor
- See All...
Explore the World
- Niceville Hotels
- Vicenza Hotels
- Guernsey Hotels
- Kanton Nidwalden Hotels
- Spanish Wells
Badges & Stats in Pulau Pangkor
- 10 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 25 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (20)
Have you been to Pulau Pangkor?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pulau Pangkor
- Posted in Travel Phuket Forum "Re: Any Good Restaurant to..."
- Uploaded a Photo to "Getting to Pulau Pangkor - exit Ipoh instead"
- Commented on one of Loubna's Pulau Pangkor travel pages
- updated a Pulau Pangkor Travel Page "Selamat Datang ke Pulau Pangkor"
- Wrote a Review Visit Teluk Batik at Lumut in Pulau Pangkor Things to Do
Photos in Pulau PangkorSee All Photos (11)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tokyo Intro, 57 reviews, 106 photos, 3 travelogues
- Bali Intro, 48 reviews, 69 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cameron Highlands Intro, 29 reviews, 73 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Negeri Selangor Intro, 36 reviews, 65 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Negeri Terengganu Intro, 29 reviews, 67 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kuching Intro, 32 reviews, 43 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kota Kinabalu Intro, 26 reviews, 48 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Negeri Johor Intro, 28 reviews, 44 photos, 1 travelogue
- Hanoi Intro, 28 reviews, 43 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ipoh Intro, 21 reviews, 49 photos