Taman Negara Warnings Or Dangers Tips by Wild_Orchid Top 5 Page for this destination
Taman Negara Warnings and Dangers: 22 reviews and 16 photos
I lived to tell the tale
If you have a fear of heights, please do not attempt the canopy walkway. Although it is safe and thousands of people have walked through the canopy walkway safely, those who suffer from a fear of heights may want to avoid this famed "above the tree tops" experience.
The walk itself starts of at a deceptively low level, but after a while, you will find yourself climbing higher and higher. The walkway itself is rather shaky as it is made up of ropes and wood. The shakiness of the structure in itself seems to scare many people! LOL
I didn't have a problem myself, and did the walk very confidently. However, once when I was at one of the highest bridges, I did take a look down. When I saw that the ground was such a loooooong way off, I was suddenly hit with a feeling of dizziness so I quickly looked away. Oooh, quite scary!
A colleague of mine who has a slight fear of heights tried to attempt the walk because she was cajolled by others. As she was in a big group, there was no turning back. She bravely continued even though her heart was pounding like mad, but after the second bridge, with her knees all shaking and her face all red, she decided not to proceed. As mentioned, the walkway is one way only and there is no turning back. However, she managed to get down at one of the levels and caught up with us later on.
Sp, remember, if you have a fear of heights, don't try to be a hero. Just give the canopy walkway a miss!
More Reviews (15)
- See All Cosy resort for family or groups
- Chat up a Stranger
- Sparkles of sunlight on the Water &...
- See All Shooting the Rapids
Wild_Orchid's Related Pages
Taman Negara Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Janes of the Jungle"
- "Taman Negara-Your Jungle adventure begins here!"
- "Taman Negara - The Largest National Park in M'sia"
- "visiting a tropical rainforest"
- "Taman Negara - Malaysia's great national park"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Taman Negara
- Hotels in Taman Negara
- Transportation in Taman Negara
- Nightlife in Taman Negara
- Restaurants in Taman Negara
- Shopping in Taman Negara
- Warnings and Dangers in Taman Negara
- See All...
Explore the World
- Newcastle upon Tyne Warnings and Dangers
- Birmingham Warnings and Dangers
- Mammoth Lakes Warnings and Dangers
- Qingdao Warnings and Dangers
- Pakistan Warnings and Dangers
- Libya Warnings and Dangers
- Tortola Warnings and Dangers
- Altitude Sickness
- Belmopan Warnings and Dangers
- Serengeti National Park Warnings and Dangers
- Shreveport Warnings and Dangers
- Sequoia National Park Warnings and Dangers
Badges & Stats in Taman Negara
- 16 Reviews
- 22 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 16 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (18)
Have you been to Taman Negara?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Taman Negara
- Posted in Travel Phuket Forum "Re: Any Good Restaurant to..."
- Commented on one of y_lyn's Taman Negara travel pages
- updated a Taman Negara Travel Page "Taman Negara-Your Jungle adventure begins here!"
- Wrote a Review Cosy resort for family or groups in Taman Negara Hotels
- Uploaded a Photo to "Cosy resort for family or groups"
Photos in Taman NegaraSee All Photos (22)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tokyo Intro, 57 reviews, 106 photos, 3 travelogues
- Bali Intro, 48 reviews, 69 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cameron Highlands Intro, 29 reviews, 73 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Negeri Selangor Intro, 36 reviews, 65 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Negeri Terengganu Intro, 29 reviews, 67 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kuching Intro, 32 reviews, 43 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kota Kinabalu Intro, 26 reviews, 48 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Negeri Johor Intro, 28 reviews, 44 photos, 1 travelogue
- Hanoi Intro, 28 reviews, 43 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ipoh Intro, 21 reviews, 49 photos