"Taman Negara-Your Jungle adventure begins here!" Top 5 Page for this destination Taman Negara by Wild_Orchid
Taman Negara Travel Guide: 218 reviews and 489 photos
Your journey into the million year old jungle begins here, at Kuala Tahan, the headquarters for Taman Negara. Your journey from Kuala Lumpur will take between 3-4 hours.
My first trip to Taman Negara was in June 2002 and in June 2007, I was fortunate to visit this beautiful natural park again.
Access to the rainforest and the resorts used to be only by long boat, but in recent years, the roads have been improved and you can also make your journey on coaches and four-wheel drive vehicles.
Despite the rather long boat ride, this is a must-try for travellers to Taman Negara. It is about 2-2.5 hours on the boat from Kuala Tahan to the Mutiara Taman Negara.
June 2007 update
My colleague picked me up from Petaling Jaya at around 2pm. Leaving PJ, Kepong and Batu Caves behind us, we took the Karak Highway onto the East Coast highway and exited at Jerantut. From there, we turned right and followed the trunk road all the way to our desination: Woodland Resort. There was a slight detour as one stretch of the road was under repair, however, we managed to find ourselves back on track by asking the locals. The drive takes between 3.5 to 4 hours and the roads are good.
I found the journey to be sufficiently comfortable and the large overhead trees shaded us as we glided along on the river. While my friends were tired after the coach ride and many fell asleep, lulled by the gentle boat ride, I stayed awake to enjoy the unique experience of being able to enjoy nature while slowly peeling open some kuaci (dried sunflower seeds) and popping them into my mouth...aaah.........
- Pros:sparkling river, lush, unspoilt greenery, unique plant and animal-life
- Cons:actually there are fewer mosquitoes than you think, but there are a few!
- In a nutshell:Enjoy a million year old jungle, the beauty of Nature...
Woodlands Resort is a cosy resort for families and groups. Our company had arranged sponsorship of an eco-camp in... more travel advice
The river has a life of its own. As a city girl, I had never encountered something so lively and beautiful, with a hint... more travel advice
Wild_Orchid's Related Pages
Taman Negara Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Janes of the Jungle"
- "Taman Negara-Your Jungle adventure begins here!"
- "Taman Negara - The Largest National Park in M'sia"
- "visiting a tropical rainforest"
- "Taman Negara - Malaysia's great national park"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Taman Negara
- Hotels in Taman Negara
- Transportation in Taman Negara
- Nightlife in Taman Negara
- Restaurants in Taman Negara
- Shopping in Taman Negara
- Warnings and Dangers in Taman Negara
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Taman Negara
- 16 Reviews
- 22 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 16 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (18)
Have you been to Taman Negara?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Taman Negara
- Posted in Travel Phuket Forum "Re: Any Good Restaurant to..."
- Commented on one of y_lyn's Taman Negara travel pages
- updated a Taman Negara Travel Page "Taman Negara-Your Jungle adventure begins here!"
- Wrote a Review Cosy resort for family or groups in Taman Negara Hotels
- Uploaded a Photo to "Cosy resort for family or groups"
Photos in Taman NegaraSee All Photos (22)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tokyo Intro, 57 reviews, 106 photos, 3 travelogues
- Bali Intro, 48 reviews, 69 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cameron Highlands Intro, 29 reviews, 73 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Negeri Selangor Intro, 36 reviews, 65 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Negeri Terengganu Intro, 29 reviews, 67 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kuching Intro, 32 reviews, 43 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kota Kinabalu Intro, 26 reviews, 48 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Negeri Johor Intro, 28 reviews, 44 photos, 1 travelogue
- Hanoi Intro, 28 reviews, 43 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ipoh Intro, 21 reviews, 49 photos