Paka Things to Do Tips by Wild_Orchid
Paka Things to Do: 4 reviews and 3 photos
The employees of Petronas live at the Paka housing estate which was developed by the Company. It is a large estate with a few different designs of houses. I took this picture from the road, so it doesn't look like much. In reality, the houses are attractive, reasonable size and with gardens and good roads. The houses are located within easy reach of the office complex and the golf country club.
The nearest airport is the Kerteh airport, (which used to be served by MAS) but I believe that it is only used for charter flights now.
Address: Paka, Terengganu
The Petronas Refinery here is the largest in the Peninsular Malaysia. It is so large there is an entire township built around it. The only other place with this scenery is the town of Miri in East Malaysia.
The township consists of Kertih & Paka and is self-contained with its own houses, shops, office complex and even a golf country club.
Just before the turn off to Kertih Port, look out for the rather impressive arch that is done up in bright yellow (Yellow is the colour of royalty). The words on the arch refer to the Sultan of Terengganu and his Queen, and asks Allah to "watch over/bless" them. (the Malay words used were "Allah Pelihara Al Sultan dan Tuanku Permaisuri Terengganu)
Address: Paka, Terengganu
Wild_Orchid's Related Pages
Paka Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Dallas, Texas of the East"
- "~. PAKA .~"
- "Industrial Hub"
- "East Coast Rocks!"
- "Paka ~ Close to Petronas Complek"
- "Paka, Terengganu"
- "YOKOSO! MALAYSIA>> TERENGGANU..."
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Paka
- 4 Reviews
- 19 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 15 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (18)
Have you been to Paka?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Paka
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tokyo Intro, 57 reviews, 106 photos, 3 travelogues
- Bali Intro, 48 reviews, 69 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cameron Highlands Intro, 29 reviews, 73 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Negeri Selangor Intro, 36 reviews, 65 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Negeri Terengganu Intro, 29 reviews, 67 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kuching Intro, 32 reviews, 43 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kota Kinabalu Intro, 26 reviews, 48 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Negeri Johor Intro, 28 reviews, 44 photos, 1 travelogue
- Hanoi Intro, 28 reviews, 43 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ipoh Intro, 21 reviews, 49 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (132)
Latest Paka hotel reviews
- Residence Resort
- 10 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 12, 2012